We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government defense and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can't turn into opportunity.
We are seeking a Tier 2 Voice Administrator to support JSP-ETM activities at the Pentagon.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Tier 2 Voice Administratorsupporting JSP-ETM, you will be trusted to provide customer support for Voice Services, provisioning, installing and troubleshooting data and telecommunications networkinfrastructure. This position will work closely with other members of the voice and network core team to support the overall mission of the company and its' strategic business initiatives. In this role, a typical day will include:
- Work with Phone Technicians to provide customer problem solutions.
- Creating and updating network documentation.
- Configuration, implementation, and maintenance of voice, data, and/or network communications systems.
- Apply technical concepts and ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools.
- Monitoring and evaluation of voice configurations of Voice equipment: Genband/Ribbon AS, Cisco Call Manager, Audiocodes gateways.
- Monitoring and evaluation of voice configurations of Cisco and Juniper network devices.
- IP Telephony systems administration, configuration, and implementation
- Design /maintain documentation related to system layout
This position will provide support at the Pentagon. Due to the nature of the work, telecommuting is not an option.
- Active Secret Clearance
- 5+ years of Field and/or Phone Technician Vocational experience and/or OJT Training
- Security+ CE certification
- System Certification with major Vendor Voice System (Cisco, Nortel, Ribbon or other)
- BA/BS in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
- Experience with industry standard Voice over IP (VOIP), ISDN, and Analog phone installation
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of basic understanding of infrastructure wiring/ connectivity
- Knowledge in support for IP, VoIP, PBX, voice mail, voice networks, and video systems
- Knowledge of DOD network and system security requirements
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Demonstrate excellent attentiveness to detail and professional manner for customer support
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of telecommunications industry as well as voice system design and engineering