Tier 2 / Tier 3 Unified Communications Support Engineer
The successful Unified Communications Support Engineer brings a blend of technical expertise, problem solving methodologies, a caring attitude, and communication skills to provide top quality support to customers. As a tier 2/3 support specialist, you will qualify, troubleshoot, and resolve or escalate issues from clients that contract ETC for support and maintenance of their Microsoft solutions. The systems you might support include; Microsoft Exchange / Unified Messaging, Lync / Skype Server, Office 365 and third party vendor Microsoft qualified UC solutions and endpoints.
The candidate will handle multiple forms of requests (phone call, alerts, and email messages), work with an internal trouble ticket management system to log the issue and track progress, discuss and qualify the issue with the client, and access the client’s system remotely to diagnose and troubleshoot. Then they will research solutions from internal databases, vendor knowledge systems, and external sources as necessary, or work with senior engineers to resolve the issue and update the client.
• Must have technical Help Desk experience
• Available to provide after-hours support and actively participate in an on-call rotation
• Must have server knowledge and ideally would have MS e-mail and Active Directory experience
• Should have network knowledge: TCP/IP, LAN administration
• Ideally would have Voice over IP / SIP knowledge or experience with phone systems, particularly Lync and Skype for Business
• Ideally has experience with AudioCodes media gateways and Session Border Controllers
• Must have support skills: friendly, courteous, professional
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask
• Ability to obtain and maintain vendor professional certifications as necessary to achieve company/departmental goals
• Ability to move from customer environment to customer environment and re-orient smoothly
• Ability to be productive in a distributed team/home office environment
• Knowledge of Nectar Voice Quality Monitoring solutions a plus
• Other miscellaneous tasks and duties as assigned