What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Threat Research Advisory Team within Verizon’s Professional Services is seeking Threat Intelligence Hunters/Analysts (Analysts) who will play a critical role in protecting Verizon’s customers, from current and future cyber threats. This position will support our customer’s overall cyber threat analysis efforts.
- Apply scientific and technical knowledge to solving complex threat intelligence problems and produce strategic, operational and tactical level written assessments.
- Briefing organizations such as Fortune 500 companies on their findings and have enough understanding to answer tough questions by C-Level executives in the organization.
- Utilize understanding of the hacker mindset and methods used to carry out their objectives.
- Work independently and be self-motivated.
- Use experience and knowledge in identifying threats that pose a significant risk to their customer’s organization to identify when there is no threat or risk at all.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of experience researching, investigating and tracking threat actors and threat groups in the cybercrime ecosystem.
- Experience analyzing computer and network related data and logs to uncover threats and IOC's.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor Degree (Computer Science, Cyber Security, Electronics, Investigations).
- Experience with intelligence analysis, including analytic tradecraft.
- Proven threat hunting experience (PCAP diagnoses).
- Data science and analytics experience including aggregating, manipulating, examining, mining, exporting, reporting, and visualizing threat intelligence and incident data.
- Knowledge of and experience with security monitoring methodologies such as packet capture, flow data (NetFlow), patterns, watch lists, black lists, log parsing, correlation, classification, event generation, taxonomy, filtering.
- Experience with Linux/Unix and an understanding of database technologies.
- Investigative experience and mindset.
- Intelligence, Counterintelligence and/or Cyber Investigations and Operations experience.
- Experience as a cyber threat intel analyst or special agent for Cyber Command, Homeland Security, NCIS, OSI, FBI or equivalent cyber investigations agency or public company as an incident responder, penetration tester, malware analyst or midlevel to senior SOC/CERT analyst.
- Ability to continually look to improve current processes, think outside the box and constantly evaluate better more efficient ways of conducting business and providing value to our customers.
- Firm grasp of link-analysis methods and software (Maltego, Palantir, Analyst Notebook).
- Ability to quickly develop effective solutions to unique problems using a combination of existing tools and custom code/scripts.
- Ability to program with C, Python, Pearl, R, G or other language.
- Ability to script with PowerShell, Python or other language.
- Up-to-date on current hacking techniques, vulnerability disclosures, data breach incidents, and security analysis techniques.
- Background with enterprise security products, such as firewalls, next gen firewalls, IDPS, WAF, AV, content and URL filtering.
- Familiarity with concepts and technologies related to Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Hadoop and data reduction technologies.
- Proven ability to design, draft, and publish high-quality technical and business-level reports, studies, whitepapers, and blogs.
- Open source intelligence techniques and proficiency with multiple tools or distributions of tools such as Kali or Buscador.
- Industry certifications, such as: GSEC, GCIH, GCTI, OSCP, GCFE, GCFA, GCIA, GPEN, GREM, GNFA.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Diversity and Inclusion at Verizon
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.