ECMC Group is uniquely positioned to shape the education and workforce landscape given our ability to impact students and workers through our operating businesses, strategic philanthropy and impact investments. The Thought Leadership Marketing Strategist will be tasked with leading a comprehensive strategy designed to accelerate our recognition as a trailblazer in postsecondary education innovation and student success.
The successful candidate will contribute to the development and implementation of key strategies to maximize the brand potential of ECMC Group and its affiliates. This person will work in close collaboration with internal leaders while building partnerships with external organizations and constituencies that align with ECMC Group’s mission of helping students succeed by creating, providing and investing in innovative educational opportunities.
This role represents a significant opportunity to leverage the expertise and resources across the organization in support of the ECMC Group strategic initiative focused on expanding the reach and impact of our efforts with key external constituencies in postsecondary education, philanthropy, workforce development and impact investing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and implement a thought leadership strategy to leverage the expertise and resources across the organization in support of the ECMC Group strategic initiative.
- Understand market complexity, trends, themes, and customer needs to guide the creation of a robust thematic outreach plan and content strategy in order to sharpen our point of view. Develop and implement high-impact thought leadership content and programs through collaboration with subject matter experts, internal and external opinion leaders, and the leadership team.
- Identify and map internal relationships with external core constituencies to implement activities and content that position ECMC Group and affiliates as an innovative thought leader and strategic partner, enable us to respond to industry developments in a timely and comprehensive manner, and contribute to the successful positioning of the brand and company, in alignment with our business strategy.
- Collaborate across internal functions to uncover insights and opportunities, shape the debate on key issues, and leverage our expertise; establish and manage ECMC Group specialists trained to represent the organization externally.
- Oversee outside associations as needed and work with internal stakeholders to manage relationships.
- Utilize the company's existing and potential new web, social media, and other channels to promote thought leadership activity aligned with the company's overall strategy.
- Develop and implement data-driven reports to demonstrate ROI of thought leadership program investments for the company.
- Lead the evaluation, selection and management of outside vendors that contribute to program effectiveness.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience in marketing or communications role with thought leadership and editorial experience, preferably in an educational field
- Expertise leveraging social media in a business setting
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment supporting multiple stakeholder groups simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint as well as social media tracking platforms
- Proven experience translating business capabilities and technical information into clear, concise, compelling thought leadership content
- Proven expertise working with internal and external opinion leaders to develop unique and thought-provoking programming and content that enhances brand reputation and demand