As a Third Party Risk Manager, you will be responsible for compliance to MUFG's Third-Party Risk Management Program for third-party vendor relationship engagements for relevant business organizations or divisions. You will consult/advise the business on the management of all Third-Party program requirements.
How you'll make an impact:
Third-Party Performance Management
- You will manage a rigorous schedule of third-party risk assessments and ensure a summary opinion regarding the nature of third-party performance is rendered and supported, along with the identification of any third-party risk issues.
- You will gather data and documentation necessary to complete the Third-Party Scorecard based on contractual obligations.
- You plan and facilitate Third-Party Performance Review meetings with Third Party and internal partners, taking all meeting minutes and handling any follow up activities relevant to Third-Party Performance.
- You will facilitate the escalation of Third-Party incidents or perpetual performance failures to the appropriate executive levels and or executive committees.
Third-Party Ongoing Monitoring
- You will document, review, research, and gather content and information on behalf of profiling the scope of services and inherent risks of the vendor. Ensure compliance of Third-Party Risk Assessments for assigned vendors.
- You will provide evidence for all TPRM procedural requirements in the TPRMS system of record.
- You will be responsible for ongoing monitoring documentation review, research, content gathering and document creation.
- You will provide issue documentation, research, review and reporting including collaboration with Third Parties and Third-Party Management stakeholders to resolve any deficiencies identified in the TPRM process.
- You will collaborate with the business partners and Third-Party relationship managers to remediate issues.
- You will prepare and analyze Third-Party risk reporting and program exceptions for management.
- You will maintain current working knowledge of regulatory requirements, Bank's Third-Party Risk framework, and relevant risk management policies and procedures by attending required training.
- You will ensure compliance with the Bank's Third-Party Risk Management objectives.
- You will maintain all files and records relating to vendor activities and maintains a current list of vendor contacts for timely resolution of issues.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent plus 7+ years Third-Party Vendor Management, Contract Management or Business Analyst experience, preferably in relevant line of business
- Experience handling complex and dynamic Third-Party relationships
- Domain experience in relevant business line
- Knowledge of various regulatory bodies and guidance governing and monitoring the financial services industry
- Ability to interpret Master Service Agreements (MSAs) and Statements of Work (SOWs) and identify gaps and/or terms to ensure service performance
- Strong analytical mindset, able to handle risks both at the micro and macro levels
- An innate ability to identify issues and work them to closure, including remediation and escalation where appropriate
- Strong communication skills
- Discretion and diplomacy when dealing with sensitive issues
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to prioritize
- Desire and talent for building and maintaining relationships
- A dedication to protect the bank from all risk exposure
- Successful background reviewing complex data and drawing appropriate conclusions
- Experience working across a diverse set of partners with positive results
- Advanced experience with MS Office, Archer, Ariba, and SharePoint systems, preferred