- Responsible for effective and compliant management of multiple third-party relationships high or critical inherent risk that could cause the Enterprise to face significant risk if the Third Party fails to meet expectations.
- Leverages extensive knowledge of industry laws and regulations along with approved USAA third-party risk management and procurement policies, standards, processes and controls, technology and tools, etc. to identify, document, mitigate, and manage risks while diligently monitoring third-party relationship compliance with USAA and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for driving execution of required on-boarding activities ensuring third-party providers have required access to appropriate USAA systems, facilities, on-line resources, training, etc., with support from Procurement, Information Security, Compliance, etc.
- Ensures termination of relationships including removal of system and physical access to USAA assets as well as coordinating transition to in-house functional area or on-boarding of an alternate third-party.
- Executes the Inherent Risk Questionnaire (IRQ) process to assess risk profiles of third-parties and ensure effective application of appropriate rigor to manage risks through the duration of the relationship.
- Manages long and short-term third-party strategy and relationships to support attainment of CoSA and Business Relationship Owners objectives and goals.
- Interacts with senior leadership for purpose of developing and implementing integrated and collaborative resource planning strategies.
- Partners with first-line of defense (i.e., Business Risk and Control Advisors) and second-line of defense partners (i.e., Risk, Compliance) to develop, implement and monitor operational controls that enable effective management and deliver expected performance from integrated business processes (end-to-end USAA and third-party execution).
- Ensures contract documentation accurately reflects products/services provided via assigned third-party relationships and monitors third-party's ability to deliver against contractual requirements and service level agreements. Supports the development of key performance indicators for the relationship. Monitors third-party relationships for Member complaints and levels of Member satisfaction. Reconciles and ensures payment of third-party relationship invoices, purchase orders and spend management.
- Influences effective collaborative partnerships with third-party suppliers and internal clients.
- Leads management routines and documents conversations between USAA stakeholders and third-party relationships to gain alignment of approach to compliance with new or changing logs and regulations, strategic direction and road maps, risk appetite, etc.
- Drives Enterprise value through analysis of the strategic objectives of sourcing a product / service to a third-party and evaluating the alignment with broader CoSA and Enterprise objectives; develop projections of future demand related to third-party relationships based on expertise in business, industry, and other trends.
- Provides thought leadership that will build and drive the third-party agenda.
- Champions the broader functions within the organization by demonstrating an understanding of the sourcing solutions business model and works as an advocate in the Enterprise.
- Understands team dynamics and promotes the development of team relationships.
- Serves as a mentor to others.
- Consults on metrics, tools, and processes to optimize sourcing and supplier value and works collaboratively with business partners/COEs to prioritize and drive implementation.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
Minimum Work Experience:
- 8 or more years of relevant supply chain management, vendor/third-party risk management, or operations experience in financial services, information technology, or related industry
- 4 or more years of experience with relevant regulatory compliance, industry regulations and regulatory data sources such as Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), Federal
- Reserve Board, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), etc.
- Subject -matter-expert knowledge of relevant business process(es) and regulatory compliance requirements
- Subject-matter-expert knowledge of supply chain management
- Advanced knowledge of budget controls and project management
- Experience analyzing and interpreting data
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to drive solutions across all organizational levels
- Strong attention to detail in third-party relationship management
- Strategic and operational planning experience
- Extensive prior TPRM (Third Party Risk Management), VRM (Vendor Relationship Management), SD (Service Delivery-e.g., servicing/call center), Supplier Management or Contracting/Sourcing deep expertise.
- Extensive expertise in at least one of the following disciplines: Enterprise Security, Corporate Real Estate Services, Sourcing/Contracting, Software or Tools, Member or customer communications/marketing communications or Workforce Management.
- Deep experience in at least one of the following areas: contracting, supplier sourcing, supplier governance, risk and control, management of external suppliers or service provider/ outsourced provider leadership.
- Strong understanding of risk and compliance and regulations/regulatory requirements as related to Third Party Supplier Management.
- Demonstrated leadership establishing partnerships to ensure effective planning and collaboration on Third Party Risk Management related matters and coordination between various risk functions (privacy/compliance/information security/service continuity, etc).
- Direct experience quantifying and communicating thru the use of Risk and Control framework, inherent and residual risks and KRI/KPI's, the impact of Third Party Risk to multiple organizations and control partner groups.
- Direct experience guiding and consulting business and managers responsible for third party supplier relationships
Valid Through: 2019-11-12