Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us in our Lexington, Mass office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. In this role, a typical day will include:
Providing complete oversight, leadership and vision for the Distribution and Logistics function in support of key GSC operational objectives including: product quality, competitive costs, service requirements, asset management, corporate inventory strategy, new launch support, safety, staff development, compliance and productivity.OBJECTIVES/PURPOSE
- Coordination of the order management and logistics activities at a Third party logistics providers. Ensure uninterrupted, cost effective movement and delivery of goods throughout the Supply Chain. Provides expertise and implements standardized processes to maximize quality and reliability while reducing transportation costs and increasing customer satisfaction.
- A highly visible role that oversees the flow of goods, services and information throughout the commercial supply chain including intra-company movement, distribution and customer service activities
No. of direct reports: 0ACCOUNTABILITIES
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Partners closely with US RSCC team and Commercial regarding finished good distribution to customers. Identifies and drives continuous improvement to support the dynamic and growing business environment.
- GOP Warehouse Operations Standards & Guidelines definition and Training to deploy standardized & harmonized processes across Takeda organizations and geographies
- Works closely with Supply Chain Planning, Internal and External Manufacturing on drug product moves.
- Manages strategic relationship with 3PLs, carriers and packaging suppliers that provide services to US and PR Customers
- Directs and manages all domestic, operations. Maintains real time awareness of external influences such as fuel costs, regulations, weather and labor issues
- Oversee generation and distribution of reports for key performance indicators, identifies trends and key issues and shares regular operational performance summary
- Establishes and maintains distribution, transportation and warehouse budgetary goals
- Coordinates routine operational meetings to address current challenges, on time performance, accuracy, project status, etc.
- Understanding of end-to-end Supply Chain processes & functions
- Understanding of distribution processes & procedures and problem solving
- Understanding of CPFR requirements - especially in pharmaceutical markets
- Good understanding of OpUs and commercial processes & procedures
- Very good understanding of GDP requirements (GDP: Good Distribution Practices)
- Good Supply Chain systems knowledge (SAP, Microsoft office, BI,...)
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Manage process standardization & harmonization on a regional/local level
- Ability to operate cross functionally, working with Operating Units (OpUs), commercial business units, Global Quality and business (procurement, finance, IT, legal, ...)
- Responsible for providing metrics for the quarterly business reviews (QBR's) with strategic partners.
- Strong capabilities to analyze issues and to prepare recommendations for change
- Very strong capabilities to bridge distribution organization
- Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail
- Establish workload priorities and balance across available resources.
- Authorized to make routine purchases of needed supplies and warehouse repairs.
- Manage annual blanket PO's and support leadership regarding any major equipment purchases
- GSCSS: actively work with BPLs on logistics and order to billing concepts and tactics including inputs on IT requirements on systems solutions (SAP, BI)
- RSCC: Support escalated D&L issues resolution
- GDP QUALITY: actively solve issues, support alignment / agreement on requirements & processes
- GSCE: Provide input for performance mgmt. on CSLe and warehousing COE/capability building
- GD&L: escalate D&L issues and risk
- Trading entities: actively support alignment / agreement on requirements & processes for intercompany orders management of principal structures
- Regional Commercial: Ensure alignment on key business requirements, new product launch execution.
- PDT: Ensure alignment on key GSC KPIs, escalate issues & provide input to issue resolution
- Manufacturing units (internal and External)/ OpUs: Ensure harmonization according to global standards; support the resolution of inventory and performance issues
- Suppliers /Procurement: Ensure implementation and use of transport/logistics/distribution procurement standards & procedures and actively monitor selection of suppliers in scope.
- Good contribution of thought, experience, background, and skills in the areas of distribution and warehousing excellence, leveraging logistics services to enhance the customers experience, drive process excellence and improve SC responsiveness
- Identify, recommend and deploy innovative ways to reduce overall Takeda carbon footprint & support Takeda's sustainability mission
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS: Essential:
- Good understanding of how to drive decision making within a distribution organization
- Strong capability to manage within a high performing team with both formal and informal responsibility
- Good capability to manage ambiguity, find pragmatic solutions & align/influence key stakeholders
- Bachelor degree; Degree in Science, Engineering, Business, Finance or Supply Chain
- 6 years of relevant industry experience in Supply Chain Distribution and Logistics management including controlled temperature (cold-chain) logistics of cGMP regulated materials
- Strong communication skills to manage stakeholders across levels & across countries
- Good leadership, networking and influencing skills
- Strong business acumen & financial analytics skill
- Structured, holistic and clear in problem solving
- Strong ability to make process improvement decisions
- Strong ability to present ideas with clarity, conviction and confidence
- SAP ERP experience
- Master degree preferred. MS / MBA
- APICS Certification
Lexington, MAWorker Type