Thermal Protection Systems Engineer
Geocent's Aerospace & Defense Engineering Sector offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Space and Missile Defense Industry. Geocent employees across the country subscribe to the company's culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide.
- Primary duties will include daily onsite support to the manufacturing operations at MAF providing technical expertise consultation to the application of cryogenic thermal protection system materials to the development and flight hardware articles in production.
- The engineer will be required to transact regular communication with the operations manager(s) at MAF and the materials engineering support at MSFC.
- Provide realtime fulltime support to evaluate and resolve issues with TPS application processes at MAF.
- Act as MSFC’s Materials & Processes Laboratory TPS liaison to MAF and maintain frequent and open communication with MSFC and MAF management, TPS engineers and SLS project engineers.
Degree in Engineering or related field from an ABET-accredited university is required. Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a Ph.D., with a minimum 10 years of experience, Masters with at least 12years of experience, or BS with at least 15years of experience.
- Experience in space flight hardware production specific to cryogenic fuel tank manufacturing and verification is required.
- Experience with the design, development, manufacture and testing of non-metallic materials is also required.
- The ideal candidate has direct experience with shuttle external tank production, design modification enhancements, and facility modification improvements at MAF.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers, technicians and management.