You're an autonomous, diplomatic leader who's motivated to create total waste management solutions. You've got strong communication skills, and can collaborate with people from all walks of life. Customers and colleagues appreciate your ability to build strong relationships, and you understand the importance of great customer service. You take pride in making solid decisions, but you're not afraid to ask for help when needed.
Day in the Life
While each day may be different, every site project begins with an evaluation. You'll be traveling to designated sites within your region to first build a scope of initiatives, communicate plans, build relationships and manage the delivery of thermal waste. After you build and develop this scope, you can expect to do the following on-site:
- Direct thermal activities or business unit including day to day operations
- Recommend business plans as needed to achieve site objectives.
- Hold meetings with our clients to discuss services and expectations
- Analyze growth initiatives and development of new business lines or capabilities
- Track, resolve and log customer issues requiring attention
- Provide technical support to managers and subordinates
- Support the facility with technical advice
- Participate in budget development and manages operating and capital expenditure budgets and reports
- Conduct site-specific reviews to determine financial well being
- Conduct a site walks to meet with colleagues and check in on projects
- Hire and manage employees
What you need to apply
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred, i.e. business management, industrial engineering, biology, chemistry or related, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Related experience in waste and thermal management also preferred.
- At least 5 years of project management experience in the environmental sector
- Experience with Resource Conservation Recovery Act (RCRA), Department of Transportation (DOT), Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA) and other applicable local, state, and federal regulatory bodies
- Ability to pass pre-employment background checks and drug screening