In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Develop process and instrumentation diagrams for thermal heat rejection systems.
- Evaluate mechanical layouts and component selections based on CFD simulation outputs and manufacturer test data.
- Utilize mechanical engineering best practise to provide input to 3D CAD team
- Able to interface with suppliers on a technical level to evaluate potential component options.
- Develop test metrics to evaluate component selections and end system performance.
- Hands on design validation of thermal systems design.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in a similar role.
- Proficiency with: CAD design software.
- Experience designing complex thermal heat rejection systems, preferably for mobility-based systems.
- Experience selecting coolant pumps, radiators, coolant filters, bypass valves, and other components that comprise a coolant system.