Therapy Marketing Manager - Cardiac Intervention (CI)
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Manages the sale of Merit products globally and assists sales representatives to understand and meet the needs of existing and potential clients. Provides product marketing and analysis support and special project management. Acts as the interface and liaison between Marketing and Sales by providing timely feedback to them and Manufacturing from the customer to improve products or product quality. Candidate can be located anywhere in US that has access to major airport. Requires 50% or more travel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
Works with sales representatives and/or clinical teams globally to:
- Develop their skills in making sales and/or clinical presentations by providing immediate feedback.
- Provide suggestions and direction for changes in activity to improve productivity in selling products.
- Follow-up on training previously provided.
- Answer questions about product or sales problems and policy areas that may be perceived as unclear.
- Discussing possible changes in product specifications based on the unique needs of the customer.
- Works with product users to increase the ability of Merit to improve products to meet customer needs.
- Coordinates with Sales staff and/or clinical team to identify customers with possible customized needs.
- Develops marketing strategies and assists sales representatives to understand and implement them in working with existing and potential customers.
- Reviews global sales reports and uses them to monitor performance in achieving sales volume and profitability goals.
- Monitors customer satisfaction with Merit products and shares information with sales staff and other departments to identify opportunities to improve products, resolve or prevent the recurrence of problems, and increase overall customer satisfaction.
- Works with customers and sales team by:Identifying opportunities for adding accessories or improving product operation.
- Gathering information about product performance by observation of procedures, questionnaires, interviews and face-to-face discussions.
- Evaluates overall product effectiveness and market potential.
Evaluates new product potential by:
- Researching and analyzing the existing market and the products being manufactured by competing companies.
- Forecasting sales of products within existing and potential markets.
- Assessing the ability of products to meet current and potential needs.
- Trains sales staff in anatomy and physiology related to the clinical application and use of products, the various unique features of new and existing products, and the advantages and weaknesses of Merit products when compared to other competing products.
- Assists in the preparation and writing of brochures and sales materials.
- Acts as a team leader on product management, marketing, or interdepartmental teams and may supervise other product managers in this effort.
- Prepares a variety of sales and marketing forecasts.
- Exercises judgment in project management for high priority projects and assignments.
- Serves as marketing liaison to other departments in the absence of the Marketing Director.
- Performs other related product management and marketing tasks, as needed.
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business or related area.
- A minimum of seven years' experience in Product Management, Marketing and/or Sales.
- Excellent understanding of sales techniques and customer service principles and the ability to assist others in applying these principles.
- Ability to evaluate sales presentation effectiveness, especially as it relates to building rapport and customer confidence, and to assist sales representatives to improve their presentations to communicate more effectively with customers.
- A thorough understanding of management principles and the ability to select, develop, and manage a sales team.
- Ability to understand the factors that affect long-term profitability and to work effectively with others in a team setting to optimize those factors in the sale of medical products.
- Willingness to work long hours and travel frequently to meet customer's needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the medical manufacturing business and the ability to work with manufacturing and marketing staff to make improvements in products and methods.
- Tactfulness and skill in working with a broad variety of individuals in a manufacturing environment, and the ability to earn their trust and support in working toward mutual goals.
- Excellent record keeping and reporting skills, including the ability to communicate key highlights orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
- Willingness to travel frequently, 50% or more, including internationally, required.
- Work experience in the medical device industry.
- Sales skill development
- Sales progress and performance reporting
- Marketing strategy development
- Problem solving
- Customer satisfaction monitoring