The Theater Production Manager will be responsible for three primary disciplines:
1. Management and general operation of the Maritz theaters and all Fenton campus common area conference rooms/function areas with audio visual capabilities.
2. Promotion of Maritz facilities as a business and entertainment venue for events during evenings and weekends.
3.Scheduling meeting andevent spaces forinternal Maritz andotherbusiness and group usage, including coordination with the Manager, Convention Services.
- Supervise the operation of over 100 theater/on-campus events per year.
- Supervise one or more direct reports (full, part-time and/or temporary personnel as required).
- Coordinate with Manager, Convention Services to schedule and direct co-workers in support of theater meetings; productions and common area meetings; scheduling personnel to operate equipment during such events; supervising show operations in both theaters and other designated areas; hiring and training technicians; contracting for 3rd party services; and for the maintenance/good working order of all equipment/ systems within these operational areas ensuring minimal downtime.
- Supervise user training on all audio/video equipment ensuring a user-friendly experience.
- Prepares labor and equipment rental estimates for events and for adhering to budgetary guidelines as quoted to internal and external customers.
- Participates in capital and non-capital equipment purchasing process.
Reporting and Working Relationships:
Reports to Manager, Convention Services. Interacts with individual contributors up to Business Unit President/Board-level employees. Works directly with clients, suppliers, tenants, outside groups, and all levels of Maritz personnel. Enforces compliance with the terms set forth in service agreements and company standard operating policies and procedures. Discreetly handles confidential information. Maintains a positive company image with suppliers and tenants through professional and ethical relationships.
30% - Manages the REM and Burton Theaters and all Fenton campus common area conference rooms/function areas. This includes audio visual capabilities, scheduling the physical facilities for events, meetings, tours, and business meetings. Works actively with the entire Convention Services team to effectively coordinate event setup, logistics for food and beverage services, transportation, parking, security, storing luggage, etc.
25% - Promotes Maritz facility usage to internal co-workers and external clients as a business and entertainment venue for events. These events may include small meeting needs or multi-day/facilities events, including coordination of entertainment, food and beverage services in conjunction with Manager, Convention Services, and publicity as needed. Interaction with St. Louis metro groups such as local chambers of commerce, businesses, universities, etc., will be an integral part of promotions.
25% - Hires and oversees training of AV technicians for events held in the theaters and common area rooms as well as other venues, as needed. Schedules personnel (full time staff, part-time staff or independent contractors) to operate equipment, set-up/tear-down staging, or handle props for rehearsals and events in both Maritz Theaters. Supervises training of other technical support personnel by training technicians on specific lighting, audio, projection, web conferencing, video streaming and staging capabilities within the theaters and common area rooms.
20% - Schedules all routine equipment maintenance and emergency repair maintenance for both on-campus theaters and common area rooms. Maintains inventory of audio visual equipment utilized in theaters or other venues on the Maritz Campus. Assists in the development of department budget and capital recommendations. Recommends replacement, repair and new purchases for audio visual equipment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in business management/communications
- Minimum of three years’ experience managing people and/or events in a business or theatrical environmentExcellent interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office business suite, social media, and online scheduling programs
- Some knowledge of media production and web conferencing is preferred
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed