Global Eagle is a leading provider of satellite-based broadband connectivity, television and entertainment services, content and data analytics to aviation, maritime, enterprise and government markets. Global Eagle offers a fully integrated portfolio of rich media content and high-speed connectivity solutions for airlines, private jets, cruise lines, commercial ships, super-yachts, ferries, enterprise, government and military installations worldwide with proprietary performance-enhancing technologies and exclusive access to premium media. With 1,300 employees on six continents and leading global satellite and ground networks, the company delivers exceptional service and concierge support to its customers.
The Global Sales Operations Leader supports Sales Leadership in every aspect of the design and execution of sales go-to-market. This leader will be responsible for development of regional sales strategy teams, building a strong global operating rhythm of planning, execution and performance review. This leader will consistently deliver a balance of data-driven and experience-driven insights and recommendations to executive leadership.
The Global Sales Operations Leader will have a critical impact to the inner workings of our rapidly growing sales organization, and the strategies, processes and systems that support its growth. The ability to present data-driven narratives and influence leadership is very important in this role.
- Lead a team responsible for sales forecasting, planning, reporting, order processing, compensation design and strategic analysis with expectations of high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency.
- Drive annual planning process across global sales organization, including business modeling, territory planning, compensation design, in close partnership with Finance and other cross-functional leadership. – Account Planning
- Drive Sales productivity through developing and optimizing processes and systems, most specifically Salesforce.com.
- Provide overall leadership and day-to-day management of all Sales Operations team members.
- Leverage best in class sales strategy & planning techniques to support leadership in maximizing sales, coverage, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Support leadership in understanding pipeline, forecasts and other KPIs that flow through a range of sales leaders and market segments.
- Lead and continue to build a world-class sales strategy & operations team.
- Drive functional initiatives and alignment between sales leadership and critical partners like marketing, finance, product, revenue operations, pricing, and IT.
- Manage bid process from receipt to customer delivery & discussion
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, advanced degree or MBA preferred.
- 15+ years' experience with 5+ years as a Sales Operations leader in a software company.
- Proven ability to lead and scale Sales Operations of significant scope through growth periods.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement sales processes and infrastructure.
- Experience with cross-functional collaboration with Finance, Legal and Marketing.
- Results orientated with strong decision-making skills and the ability to prioritize multiple objectives while meeting aggressive deadlines.
- 10+ Years relevant experience operating or consulting with sales organizations.
- Experienced leader who has coached and managed other sales managers and leaders.
- Experience at a rapidly expanding global enterprise.
- Experience in building and managing remote teams preferred.
- Candidate must be results-orientated and customer-centric.
- Strong forecasting, budgeting and planning skills.
- Strong negotiation skills balanced with strong customer service skills.
- Strong ability to quickly identify problems and quickly take actions to address.
- Demonstrated experience in driving and managing change within an organization and multiple shifting priorities.
- Candidate should be a strategic thinker and an avid analyst of the aviation business.
- Energetic and collaborative personality.
- A track record of collaborating with and influencing leaders in other areas of the business.
- Ability to quickly understand new business models, conduct analysis directly to diagnose opportunities and derive insights.
- Measured, clear, and concise communication and presentation skills.
- Experience leading large projects and large cross-functional teams.
- Client service oriented and ability to partner with all levels and functions.
- Willingness to work across a global cross-functional teams and customer base to deliver
The ideal candidate for this role is passionate about field success and has driven revenue growth through leading Sales Operations at a rapidly expanding enterprise software company. The incumbent will appreciate the need to bring analysis, creativity and process-efficiency to enable ongoing operational and strategic sales success. They love diving deep into data, and have an ability to see beyond the numbers to structure recommendations and drive sound decision-making. They are a visionary, but practical leader. They have a proven track record of collaborating with and influencing leaders in other areas of the business.
This is a chance for you to accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you will have the possibility to make a daily impact. Every day you will get to work alongside helpful and down-to-earth colleagues who are dedicated and ambitious. We fully recognize that it is our employees that make this company a success and the global leader in the development. If you are the right person for the role we will offer you exciting and developing assignments and you will get to be part of a fantastic journey within a dynamic high-growth business. We look forward to your application.