The CSS ( Commercial Systems and Services ) FP&A Specialist
Job Description :
The CSS (Commercial Systems and Services) FP&A balance sheet specialist owns all cash, inventory and balance sheet analysis, planning and reporting.
With the heightened focus on cash flow and inventory, this individual supports both CSS and Sikorsky senior management discussions in addition to serving as the balance sheet liaison with core finance.
This includes the consolidation, reporting, and analysis of all commercial aircraft programs and aftermarket. In addition, this individual will be responsible for supporting strategic initiatives as required.
Key Job Requirements are:
• Lead closing activities for cash and balance sheet and variance analysis to the financial forecast, prior year, and plan
• Lead forecasting analytics on a monthly basis. Provide sound variance analysis and proactively identify risks & opportunities
• Lead the long range planning process and work with business leaders to commit to improved cash, inventory and balance sheet metrics
• Partner with business leaders to drive key metrics (i.e. inventory reduction, AR OD) and achieve plan targets
• Assist with presentations for senior leadership and own cash and inventory ad hoc requests for internal and external customers
• Full knowledge of our aircraft contracts in order to accurately project cash balances, Advances, and A/R
• Work closely with Programs, Sales & Marketing teams to accurately project advances and deposits and understand the state of current contract negotiations
• Fully integrate into the Aftermarket and CSS Operations sides of the business to drive process improvements and understanding of the financial statements with particular focus on Inventory
• Lead market segment cash & inventory meetings and related input for Enterprise level presentations
• Participate in Enterprise initiatives including, but not limited to compliance with 606 revenue recognition standards and conversion to common IT platforms for financial reporting
This position provides an excellent opportunity to report to senior management as a critical contributor in the overall success of CSS. As the point of contact between core finance and the rest of the CSS organization this position has full visibility into a $2B+ business and its management practices around decision making and driving performance.
Key customers of the FP&A team are the CSS Vice President, CSS Senior Leadership Team, and Core FP&A
* This position will be eligible to participate in Sikorsky’s Variable Compensation Plan, which provides for a discretionary annual incentive award.
- BS in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 8-10+ years of experience in Finance or Accounting function with FP&A experience preferred.
Three key success factors to this role are the ability to maintain a high standard of performance in a fast-paced team oriented environment, ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and ability to drive robust processes throughout all activities.