The Big Data Architect, reporting to the Director – Architecture & Strategy, leads key strategic initiatives for Purchasing Power LLC in accordance with the mission and goals. The Big Data Architect is responsible for all aspects of the design and implementation of mid-to-large scale enterprise projects by delivering application architectures, technical designs and reference documentation.
- Work with enterprise/application/solution architects, product architects, product owners, data scientists and engineers to bring big data and data science R&D projects into Production.
- Deliver “hands-on” design expertise in support of the Purchasing Power Environment. Looking for Data Architects/Engineers to build, optimize and maintain conceptual and logical database models.
- Architect, design, deliver, test, and troubleshoot complex data implementations
- Provide visionary leadership for projects related to Big Data technologies and software development support for client research projects
- Analyze latest Big Data Analytic technologies and their innovative applications in both business intelligence analysis and new service offerings. Bring these insights and best practices to Acxiom Big Data Projects
- Establishes and participates in data management processes including data lineage, data profiling, data quality management, data stewardship and governance.
- Document the architecture and architectural decisions related to the assigned application portfolio.
- Develop highly scalable and extensible data platforms/warehouses which enable collection, storage, modeling, and analysis of massive data sets
- Proven work experience as a Data Architect, Data Scientist, Data Analyst or similar role.
- Experience with Java/J2EE technologies and other web technologies.
- At least 3 years of data architectureexperience.
- Strong Scripting skills in Python and shell scripting.
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Familiarity with data visualization tools
- Strong interpersonal and management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of SDLC process.
- Experience working in public cloud environments, i.e. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Enterprise Database: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Mongo DB, NoSQL, Dynamo DB
- Experience with enterprise data management technologies including data warehouses, ETL tools, SQL, and master data management solutions. I.e. Kafka, Spark, elastic search, with data visualization tools.
- Retail industry knowledge and experiencepreferred
- Source control knowledge: Git
- Agile / Scrum experiencepreferred
- To be able to work in a fast-paced agile development environment
- Nice To have but not required: ML, AI, DevOPS
- Leads the requirements in large transformational efforts to resolve enterprise problems by influencing across multiple organizational levels in both IT and business.
- Influences the technical direction of others to drive all projects to successful completion within architectural standards and guidance.
- Steers application solutions through building consensus in both business and technical perspectives