The Report Analyst is responsible for the design and development of dashboards and reports sourced from various production systems. This position will collaborate with Business Stakeholders, Business Leaders, and subject matter experts to design, develop and support Business Intelligence information (reports, dashboards, self-service apps).
Essential Job Function/Responsibilities
1. Develop automated reports and dashboards using SSRS, Business Objects, Advanced Find Microsoft Dynamics, Power BI, and other reporting tools.
2. Gather and understand business requirements in order to define functional specifications for reporting applications.
3. Clearly convey the key insights or "story" the data reveals in a visual format that is grouped, summarized, or formatted to be easily understood and actionable.
4. Recognizes the connection between business operations and analytics to influence business strategies and solutions. Makes recommendation to business for reporting and analytic views.
5. Gathers and prepares data from multiple sources to support information analytics.
6. Define or assist with best practices during implementation and integration of various reporting tools.
7. Able to work in a highly collaborative environment with minimal supervision.
8. Provide input to project planning, status and review meetings.
9. Perform unit and integration testing and participate in reporting validation and QA efforts as they pertain to reporting and data analytics.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Focuses on results in a professional, ethical, and responsible manner when dealing with customers, vendors, team members, and others.
Accepts being accountable and responsible in work practices and expectations. Delivers what is promised.
Fosters a collaborative, team-oriented attitude.
Communicates effectively with others with clarity and transparency.
Uses innovative critical and creative thinking to evaluate and solve work and customer issues.
Seeks assistance in solving work problems through collaboration and information seeking.
Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Excellent problem solving skills.
Strong prioritization and organization skills, will ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects.
Positive, customer-friendly attitude.
Ability to successfully work in a team environment.
Knowledge of SQL with the ability to write complex SQL queries
Knowledge of Business Objects with ability to produce reports
Understanding of Business Intelligence solutions: operational and analytical, strong knowledge of relational and multi-dimensional database architectures
Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Advanced Find and tools to create views within CRM preferred
Experience with Power BI application development, including visualization, parameters and report optimization Educational Requirements preferred
BS Degree Computer Science or MIS or equivalent education and experience in related roles.
Minimum 5 years' experience in IT and business intelligence.
2+ years' experience creating advanced reports using Microsoft SSRS preferred.
Standard office equipment.
Most tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate.
Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day. Walking and standing are occasionally required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day-to-day and task-to-task.
Requires dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen.
Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Must be able to deal with a variety of emotions and frustration in making business decisions. Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this position.
Must be able to analyze complex information with many variables in order to choose the most effective course of action for the organization.
Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure. Must handle novel and diverse work problems on a daily basis.
Must be able to provide verbal feedback in a professional manner.
Must be able to identify critical issues, assess their impact on others and the organization, and implement a solution to resolve the issue.
Able to plan, organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
Requires working in office setting.
Irregular hours as needed.
Dress code is business casual with formal business attire as situations dictate.
May require up to 25% travel
Requisition ID : 2584