The Program Manager is responsible for managing the execution of a client(s) program(s). Responsibilities include day-to-day management of a team of associates executing program services, promoting positive work environment, setting and monitoring adherence to key performance indicators, issue resolution and escalation and adherence to program guidelines, The Program Manager reports to the Account Manager providing insight into program operations.
Essential Job Function/Responsibilities
1. Promote a positive work environment maintaining established performance levels
2. Analyze program reports for trends that identify opportunities to improve performance, gaps in service, optimization of services, staffing level adjustments need and other key metrics as defined by management
3. Organize and prioritize assigned project work and special assignments to meet expected timelines
4. Regularly communicate progress to Account Manager in weekly reporting on all programs managed
5. Display a positive attitude toward company, clients, and co-workers at all times
6. Participate in client meetings when appropriate
7. Ensure adherence to program standard operating procedures and policies
8. Ensure program services are meeting or exceeding quality expectations
9. Facilitate issue resolution for complaints received by program from patients, providers, facilities, sales team, and other key stakeholders that interact with the program
10. Assess onboarding/training processes for effectiveness and implement improvements as needed
11. Provide ongoing formal and informal assessments of performance and coaching for professional development to team members
12. Contribute ideas on the ways to resolve problems to better serve the client
13. Participate in activities designed to improve business performance
14. Define and manage incentive programs and engagement activities to drive performance and employee satisfaction
15. Manage associate issues in collaboration with HR as needed
16. May require periodic travel to sites or client related meetings
17. Other tasks and projects as assigned.
Focuses on results in a professional, ethical, and responsible manner when dealing with customers, vendors, team members, and others.
Accepts being accountable and responsible in work practices and expectations. Delivers what is promised.
Fosters a collaborative, team-oriented attitude. Communicates effectively with others with clarity and transparency.
Uses innovative critical and creative thinking to evaluate and solve work and customer issues.
Seeks assistance in solving work problems through collaboration and information seeking.
Demonstrates alignment with H. D. Smith values, mission, and strategy.
Ability to assist in training of team members
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent Problem Solving and Decision Making Skills
Ability to multitask
Excellent organizational skills
Perform well under pressure
Accurate and detail oriented
Work independently and function as a team player
Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Ability to navigate database
General understanding of healthcare reimbursement to include eligibility and benefits, coverage
restrictions and authorization processes
Bachelor’s degree required
3+ years of management or supervisor level experience required with demonstrated progressive
At least 2 years of patient assistance, reimbursement, pharmacy benefit management or related
experience is preferred
Demonstrated excellent leadership and managerial skills
Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service
Basic office systems.
Most tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate.
Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day. Walking and standing are occasionally required.
Length of time of these tasks may vary from day-to-day and task-to-task.
Requires 10-finger dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
Position includes some travel to and from meetings and may include air travel.
Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen.
Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Must be able to deal with a variety of emotions and frustration in making business decisions. Emotional
stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this position.
Must be able to analyze complex information.
Must be able to analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action for the
organization at any given point.
Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure. Must
handle novel and diverse work problems on a daily basis.
Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner.
Ability to encourage mutual respect and accountability at all levels.
Ability to identify and resolve critical issues and assess their impact on others and the organization.
Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
Requires working in office setting.
Dress code is business casual with formal business attire as situations dictate.
Requisition ID : 2597