This position is primarily responsible for developing the strategy and product roadmap for our reimbursement service line. The product manager evaluates product ideas to determine their potential to address customer needs and achieve goals in revenue and market share growth.
Essential Job Function/Responsibilities
1. Collaborate with clients, sales and account management to fully understand the voice of the customer and translate that knowledge into defined concepts for new products or enhancements to existing products.
2. Business case development
3. Develop and manage roadmap for services lines supported
4. In collaboration with the product strategy leadership, incorporate service line roadmap into enterprise roadmap
5. Coordinate and drive development efforts from design through release as product owner
6. Work closely with finance, marketing, sales and operations to prepare for launch of new service
7. Keep current on information and technology affecting healthcare products and services and translate that knowledge into strategic direction for service line
8. Keep current on regulatory changes that impact healthcare products and services and translate that knowledge into strategic direction for the service line
9. Other tasks and projects as assigned.
Focuses on results in a professional, ethical, and responsible manner when dealing with customers, vendors, team members, and others.
Accepts being accountable and responsible in work practices and expectations. Delivers what is promised.
Fosters a collaborative, team-oriented attitude. Communicates effectively with others with clarity and transparency.
Uses innovative critical and creative thinking to evaluate and solve work and customer issues.
Seeks assistance in solving work problems through collaboration and information seeking.
Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
Ability to prioritize, organize and deliver on commitments
High attention to detail.
Ability to lead cross functional teams through influence vs direct management
Collaborative and self-managing.
Ability to sort through complex business situations and bring clarity
Awareness of trends in HC technology today and impact on patients/manufacturers
Aware of regulatory/compliance requirements of pharmaceutical industry and technologies utilized within product suite
Ability to identify utility of an existing process/product that can be applied to solve a business need
Ability to define attributes of a new product/service to meet business need to include workflow, reporting, third party integration points etc.
In collaboration with product development review proposed product design options and evaluate potential risks, trade-offs and time to market to determine desired implementation path
Ability to make feature versus time-to-market trade-offs with data driven support of business value
Knowledge of payor (managed care, government plans, etc.) ACA/ACO, HUB, pharmacy work processes
Understanding of product development life cycle
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Product management experience required.
Minimum 4 years in healthcare industry with experience in claims processing, revenue cycle management or insurance eligibility preferred.
Standard office equipment.
Most tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate.
Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day. Walking and standing are occasionally required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day-to-day and task-to-task.
Requires dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen.
Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Ability to manage multiple phases of multiple projects simultaneously.
Flexibility to manage regular changes to project plans.
Must handle novel and diverse work problems on a daily basis.
Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner.
Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
Requires working in office setting.
Dress code is business casual with formal business attire as situations dictate.
Requisition ID : 2580