This position is primarily responsible for Triplefin’s SQL Server environment, which includes setup and tuning of databases and environments to support business goals, importing data for new business, and managing data feeds to business partners.
Essential Job Function/Responsibilities
1. Setup and tune databases and environments to support business goals.
2. Develop, test, and monitor data feeds to support client programs.
3. Participate in data imports for launches of new business (ETL).
4. Manage data feeds (EDI/SFTP) to external business partners.
5. Assist IT staff with SQL development and query optimization, security and production data processes.
6. Take part in technical and business discussions, share ideas, and provide feedback with the goals of providing knowledge transfer and the continual improvement of the Information Technology Department.
7. Other tasks and projects as assigned.
Focuses on results in a professional, ethical, and responsible manner when dealing with customers, vendors, team members, and others.
Accepts being accountable and responsible in work practices and expectations. Delivers what is promised.
Fosters a collaborative, team-oriented attitude. Communicates effectively with others with clarity and transparency.
Uses innovative critical and creative thinking to evaluate and solve work and customer issues.
Seeks assistance in solving work problems through collaboration and information seeking
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated technical leadership abilities
• Ability to perform basic project management activities
• Ability to work with development staff to foster adoption of MSSQL/T-SQL best practices
• Ability to holistically manage all aspects of SQL Server 2008/2012/2016 technical portfolio against commonly-accepted industry and Microsoft best practices
• Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Transact SQL (T-SQL)
• OLTP database design (OLAP database design experience a plus)
• SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS experience desired
• Strong information assurance skill set (i.e., auditing, security, DR, backup/restore, availability, etc.)
• Planning for growth and scaling of database systems for performance
• Ten years or more as a Microsoft SQL Server DBA
• Five years in a Lead DBA role
• Demonstrated experience in MSSQL-specific performance and availability initiatives
• Previous experience implementing and managing transparent database encryption (TDE) in a production enterprise MSSQL environment
• Technical leadership in a high-assurance environment (e.g., PCI, HIPAA, PII etc.)
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Dynamics AX databases highly preferred
• Experience in selection and implementation of third-party MSSQL management tool suites
• Previous Microsoft Windows Server management experience desired
• MCDBA and/or other, related Microsoft certifications desired
• .Net and/or LAMP development background a plus
• PostgreSQL DBA and/or development experience a plus
• NoSQL DBA and/or development experience a plus
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Standard office equipment.
Most tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate.
Ability to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day. Walking and standing are occasionally required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day-to-day and task-to-task.
Requires dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen.
Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Ability to deal with a variety of emotions and frustration in making business decisions. Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this position.
Ability to analyze complex information.
Ability to analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action for the organization at any given point.
Ability to resolve problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure. Must handle novel and diverse work problems on a daily basis.
Ability to encourage mutual respect and accountability at all levels.
Ability to identify and resolve critical issues and assess their impact on others and the organization.
Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
Requires working in office setting.
Dress code is business casual with formal business attire as situations dictate.
Requisition ID : 2579