- Min 3+ year of exp
- Aerospace Lab Technical Writer supporting developmental, sustaining and emergent test requirements on all airplane model engineering test benches.
- Supports the coordination and creation of test report documentation and a understanding of general-purpose test equipment (GPTE) to support test configuration requirements.
Duties typically include:
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures, manual, and test reports.
- Research, develop and document technical test results, specifications and analze data.
- Produce electronic documentation illustrating the testing outcome, along with presenting data and results in a team setting.
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation.
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style and format amongst team.
- Ability to manage updates and revisions to technical literature.
- Support lab initiatives and regulatory policies on safety, configuration control, electro-static discharge, and asset management.
- Identify and correct lab safety issues.
- Assist with overall lab cleanliness and floor space conservation.
- Works under general supervision.
- Experience with technical writing with regards to testing and troubleshooting of commercial aircraft avionics, flight controls and electrical systems
- Excellent communication/partnering skills
- Ability to work within team environment **Basic computing skills
- Experience with Oscilloscopes, volt meters, signal analyzers, and/or logic analyzers, other general purpose test equipment.
- BS or Associates Degree/diploma/certificate from an accredited vocational/technical institute in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering field with Technical Writing experience a plus.
- Aerospace or electrical labs a plus