At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Enterprise Functions Testing and Validation (T&V) team within Enterprise Testing is responsible for planning and executing testing programs in accordance with Operational Risk and Compliance Testing and Validation Standards and Procedures.
The Enterprise Functions T&V team is seeking a candidate who will be responsible for the oversight and execution of testing reviews for Enterprise Data Management. Experience in managing and leading compliance testing or auditing is required.
This role will focus on management of a team of testing professionals in the execution of regulatory and policy compliance testing in accordance with enterprise Operational Risk and Compliance Testing & Validation Standards and aligned with the Testing & Validation Center of Excellence (T&V COE). This leader will be responsible for strategic test plan development, ensuring proper scope and coverage, and credibly challenging business partners in order to provide quality test results that improve business practices. This individual will also have responsibility for managing project communications / reporting to leadership and will manage a broad range of professional relationships and key contacts across the enterprise.
This position reports directly to: the Head of Enterprise Data Management Testing & Validation. Other key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Management of control testing to independently assess First Line of Defense (FLOD) and Enterprise Staff Function adherence to Enterprise Data Governance (EDG) Policy MRs and to evaluate effectiveness of processes, controls, or activities related to data management on a predefined, risk-based frequency.
- Ensuring test coverage and strategy is in accordance with required policies and procedures and provides comprehensive coverage of regulatory requirements, and related risks and controls.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the data management control environment while maintaining professional independence throughout the testing engagement.
- Targeted reviews (including horizontal reviews) to independently assess new, emerging, or significant data management risks based on an ad-hoc or pre-defined frequency.
- The activities performed by the Enterprise Functions T&V team will test compliance with the T&V COE requirements and assist in the identification of data risks and aggregate findings, coordinating with other independent review programs (e.g., DIMO, EC&O, TRMO) to ensure holistic enterprise coverage with minimal overlap.
- Collaborate with other risk SMEs and T&V Groups across Corporate Risk and Enterprise Risk & Controls to develop coverage strategies taking into account new/updated regulatory guidance, standards, policies, etc. and in order to illustrate a comprehensive view on process and control effectiveness for the business.
- Report findings and provide recommendations to stakeholders.
- Participate in key initiatives and projects that impact Testing and Validation, as well as a Corporate Risk Level.
- Lead and inspire the Testing team and attract, develop, retain and maintain appropriate staff levels.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk areas, including credit risk, operational risk, market risk, strategic risk, and compliance risk. Corporate Risk strives to ensure that all Wells Fargo enterprise functions and lines of business (LOBs) soundly manage risk, comply with applicable laws and regulations, and offer products and services
that meet the needs of our customers. The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, Corporate Risk provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, this group provides an independent oversight function within the second line of defense, establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing function at the corporate level. They are responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing; and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams throughout corporate risk will be responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group-specific testing.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks
PREFERRED LOCATIONS: Preferred locations Charlotte, NC, Minneapolis, MN, San Francisco, CA and open to other locations throughout the US
- 8+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 8+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 4+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 3+ years of management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Knowledge and understanding of BCBS-239 principles
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all internal organizational levels
Other Desired Qualifications
- Current or previous experience in Wells Fargo’s risk management groups (i.e. Compliance, Operational Risk, etc.)
- Specific experience in data/information management
- Demonstrated experience with risk analysis and Testing &Validation methodologies
- Demonstrated experience with management of Testing &Validation program
- Experience executing compliance testing and validation for adherence to regulatory and policy requirements
- Proven ability to influence decisions with difficult topics when partnering with senior management including the willingness and ability to question decisions and escalate issues
- In-depth understanding of risk management policies and programs (preferably Wells Fargo specific)
- Preferred working knowledge of the SHRP tool and Corporate Testing & Validation standards and policies