The Testing Specialist is accountable for quality testing execution, reporting and analysis of results. This role may participate in test script development and test design. The Testing Specialist contributes to the identification of themes and trends at the front line unit, control function and enterprise level. This role is an individual contributor in the Test Execution function.
Candidate must exhibit an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- They will apply and/or develop highly advanced data access routines to extract data from source systems for monitoring operations compliance to bankingLaws, Rules and Regulations.
- Often acts independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with finding data that can be used by Compliance Testers to monitor operational compliance.
- Serves as a consultant to Test Designers to ensure appropriate data filters are applied based on business/product needs.
- Expert with SQL Server SSIS, SAS and SQL.
The Testing Specialist, under supervision, conducts independent transactional and process testing on a team in support of needs identified by Compliance and Operational Risk Officers. A test is defined in the Independent Testing Enterprise Policy as “an independent point-in-time examination of one or more processes, controls, policies and procedures or data sources utilized for managing risk to assess the effectiveness of the control environment. A test is focused on answering a specific objective and has a pre-defined pass/fail criteria.” Compliance testing may include activities such as automated surveillance and transaction level testing and may be performed onsite.
- Minimum 5 years business and functional experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years experience with SQL Server Management Studio, SAS or similar database query/data mining tool.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite with an emphasis on Excel to perform data analytics, pivot tables, lookups and external data source connections.
- Strong familiarity with data warehousing and mining concepts.
- Ability to deliver high-quality results in a stressful environment and comfortable managing, manipulating and summarizing large quantities of data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Self starter, organized, versatile, capable of performing work independently with minimal direction. Ability to think independently, solves problems, and develops solutions.
- Proficiency in SQL, Transact SQL, SAS, writing stored procedures, functions and statements for data transformation and manipulation.
- Proficiency designing and developing Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) packages preferably in SQL Server Integration Services.
- Risk management, Compliance and/or Auditexperience
- Systems experience (iSeries DB2, Teradata, Oracle etc.)
Posting Date: 07/21/2017
Location: US-CA-Westlake Village, US-DE-Newark, US-NC-Charlotte, US-TX-Dallas
Travel: Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift
ob number: 17028346