US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- The Washington State legislature recently passed legislation (SSB 5975) which implements Paid Family and Medical Leave (PFML) in the state (Laws of 2017, 3d Spec. Sess., ch. 5). This law requires the client to collect premiums from employers and employees and pay benefits to qualified employees. This is a brand new program in the State and only a handful of other states have similar programs. Information regarding the legislation, including the full text of the passed bill can be found online at . Client has estimated that this program will provide benefits to approximately 165,000 individuals annually. The benefits will provide individuals with economic stability during qualifying life events, including the birth or placement of a child, the care of family members with serious health conditions, or for an individual?s own health condition.
- Client is planning the new technology system to be comprised of several components and requires additional highly skilled contracted resources to assist with the Project. Client be purchasing Microsoft Dynamics 365 off of an existing Washington State mastercontract as the underlying technology platform for the Customer Administration and Accounting Component of the system.
- In order to effectively support the implementation of this program, a new business division and new technology system(s) has been implemented. The department must be able to assess premiums against eligible employers no later than Jan 1st, 2019. The following January, 2020 the Department must be prepared to issue insurance benefits for Family and Medical leave.
- Participate in regular project team meetings and follow the established methodology standards;
- Follow client?s standards in implementing all work;
- Document work as per agency and/or project standards;
- Actively participate in stand up meetings;
- Utilize VSTS for source control and incident management;
- Provide status as requested; and
- Demonstrate respectful communications and behavior.
- The Testing Specialist will be part of the Paid Family & Medical Leave (PFML) Project Team and report to the PFML Technology Manager.
- Will be responsible for providing input to the PFML Test Plan, ensuring adequate automated test coverage to validate system quality, execution of tests in support of project timeline, providing guidance and oversight to PFML testing specialists, coordination and support of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and create automated testing solutions for internal and external facing applications to validate the system is performing as defined in the business requirements and technical specifications.
- Will assist with coordination of User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and ensure system defects are documented, tracked, and resolved.
- This position assists in defining and directing the development and implementation of best practices and strategies that ensures the release of high quality, maintainable and extensible applications.
- Using industry best practices and strategies, develop automated test solutions for internal and external facing applications.
- Develop and maintain automated tests, including but not limited to, these types:
- User interface
- Develop and maintain test applications / tools
- Centralize and standardize code for reuse
- Lead test development efforts
- Assign development and testing tasks
- Mentor junior level SDETs
- Conduct code reviews and provide meaningful feedback
- Perform technical analysis; analyze current and future technologies
- Determine testing technologies, tooling and framework
- Estimate work effort (cost, time, people, equipment needed).
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to ensure that requirements are clearly defined.
- Determine the scope of testing.
- Determine exit criteria.
- Technical analysis of documentation, applications, data and source code
- Perform code coverage analysis
- Perform system impact analysis
- Perform code analysis
- Business rule analysis
- Automation test analysis
- Acceptance criteria analysis
- Data result set analysis
- Decision tree analysis
- Monitor and analyze system performance
- Analyze external bug reports
- Analyze test results
- Trace log analysis
- Create solutions to support continuous integration
- Create test automation build workflows
- Create release workflows
- Configure and maintain test environments for automation
- Collaborate closely with DevOps team members
- Ensure test regions/environments are in sync
- Verify and validate successful code migration and implementation.
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Create automated test design specifications
- Create bug / issue report
- Create test plans
- Create test specifications
- Create test cases
- Create functional workflow diagrams
- Record defects in defect tracking tools
Required Education, Experience or Certifications:
- Qualification? Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical/business discipline AND three or more years of demonstrated experience listed below:
- Develop and execute automated tests
- Knowledge of and experience with automated test frameworks
- Analyze, design, develop, and maintain applications
- Lead and coach technical staff
- Demonstrate increasing levels of software development methodologies and practices
- Collaboration experience with scrum teams
- OR combination of education and/or relevant experience
??Desirable/Preferred Education, Experience or Certifications:
- 3 - years?experience testing applications.
- 2 - years?experience performing data analysis via SQL querying.
- Agile software development experience.
- 1 - yearexperience using Microsoft Windows operating system.
- 1 - yearexperience using Microsoft Office Suite.
- 1 - yearexperience using web browsers Experience with Test Automation Tools
- Experience with Testing (listed below):
- Defect tracking tools
- Security Testing
- Performance/stress/load testing
- Test Automation
- Create test data in relational database, delimited text file, or in XML. An understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Experience with using Visual Studio Team Services for creating managing and running tests, using the NUnit and Selenium test framework to automate tests, and issue tracking.
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork, customer service, and working under constrained deadlines.
- Financial and/or state government knowledge.