Testing Specialist / Information Security
The Testing Specialist, under supervision, conducts independent transactional and process testing on a team in support of needs identified by Compliance and Operational Risk Officers. A test is defined in the Independent Testing Enterprise Policy as "an independent point-in-time examination of one or more processes, controls, policies and procedures or data sources utilized for managing risk to assess the effectiveness of the control environment. A test is focused on answering a specific objective and has a pre-defined pass/fail criteria." Compliance testing may include activities such as automated surveillance and transaction level testing and may be performed onsite.
The Testing Specialist is accountable for quality testing execution, reporting and analysis of results. This role may participate in test script development and test design. The Testing Specialist contributes to the identification of themes and trends at the front line unit, control function and enterprise level. This role is an individual contributor in the Test Execution function.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Evaluate and assess the implementation of Bank of America security standards and policies.
- This will be accomplished by evaluating evidence to substantiate controls are implemented to ensure compliance with Laws, Rules, and Regulations
- Develop and execute ongoing test to evaluate security control implementation
- Understand security and privacy legislation, regulations, and vulnerabilities
- Experience in various architectures and operating systems (Mainframe, Mid-Range, Linux, Windows, Cloud Computing)
- Strong analytical skills/problem solving/conceptual thinking
- Must be comfortable in delivering messages across a wide spectrum of individuals having varying degrees of technical understanding
- Strong ability to interact, communicate, and influence vertically and laterally
- Strong Microsoft Office Experience with emphasis on Excel
- Presentation skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Adaptability to new process and nuances between the Lines of Business related to security control implementation
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- CISSP Certification (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- Minimum seven years of experience in information security, information technology or related field
- Auditing experience to ensure alignment with Audit best practices
- OCC program review experience.
Job number: 18008546