The Testing Manager is accountable for leading a team that provides test execution for the Independent Testing Function. A test is defined in the Independent Testing Enterprise Policy as “an independent point-in-time examination of one or more processes, controls, policies and procedures or data sources utilized for managing risk to assess the effectiveness of the control environment. A test is focused on answering a specific objective and has a pre-defined pass/fail criteria.” Testing may include activities such as automated surveillance and transaction level testing and may be performed onsite.
The Testing Manager, in collaboration with EIT Functional areas and test owners, ensures accountability for the completion of testing activities in alignment with the Independent Testing- Enterprise Policy & Standard in a timely manner.
The Testing Manager consults with EIT Functional leads to execute an effective testing program per requirements. This role contributes to the identification of themes and trends at the front line unit, control function and enterprise level. This role participates in routines involving FLU/CF Compliance, Audit and regulatory agencies.
The Testing Manager provides leadership direction to attract, assess, develop, motivate and retain a successful team. This role ensures consistent quality of activities, processes and outputs by establishing effective review of practices across the team.
The job duties include the following key responsibilities:
• Partner with senior EIT and Compliance and Risk leaders to develop a strategic, multi-year, enterprise roadmap(s) for EIT
• Leverage strategic enterprise roadmaps to identify, prioritize, and drive execution of EIT initiatives supporting delivery of strategic objectives
• Understand and make connections between the EIT and Compliance/ Risk Officers
• Create and implement an EIT program governance structure that efficiently drives accountability and transparency into the underlying project execution and the associated tangible business outcomes
• Establishment and communication of consistent reporting routines and cadences and executive leadership reporting on key milestones.
• Understanding of external regulatory dependencies and ability to translate into tangible deliverables to be consistently leveraged across EIT program.
• Communicate, influence and negotiate both vertically and horizontally to obtain agreement between partners and escalate items, when needed, to ensure execution remains on track
• Ensure transparency to key stakeholders, sponsors and champion via creation and delivery of agreed upon metrics, proof points, and deliverables
• Accountable for managing and analyzing issues/risks, developing alternative approaches/mitigation plans and facilitating implementation or removal of roadblocks across partners
• Represent the EIT program in various governance and interdepartmental forums
• 10+ years project managementexperience in data/technology or business oriented environments
• Strong business centric mindset with ability to use sound business judgment and tailor approach to drive optimal business outcomes
• Proficiency with BAC Change and Project Management tools and processes including MS Project, SharePoint, and Process Mapping, Lean Manufacturing
• Ability to manage complex project(s) simultaneously in a fast-paced, matrixed environment with strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Sense of urgency to accomplish enterprise tasks across business lines and work collaboratively with business partners.
• Excellent analytical and presentation skills; ability to synthesize complex data into actionable reports and communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
• Self-motivation, self-direction, organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities without sacrificing quality or timelines
• Excellent communication, influencing, and facilitation skills
• High level of credibility with senior executives, various line managers and business partners; demonstrated ability to influence, negotiate, and drive to results
• Strong, demonstrated facilitation skills and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of Enterprise Testing, Process Improvement Analysis and Implementation
• Background in two of the following areas (Risk, Engineering, Finance, Accounting)
• Database and/or Reporting experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Accounting, Technology, Engineering
• PMP certification.
Job number: 18028551