Technology has always been at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. We need technology to keep an organization the size of ours working efficiently. We have 250,000 people in more than 140 countries, all of whom rely on secure technology to be able to do their job every single day. Everything from the laptops we use, to the ability to work remotely on our mobile devices and connecting our people and our clients, to enabling hundreds of internal tools and external solutions delivered to our clients. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and is key to us being more innovative as an organization.
EY Technology supports our technology needs through three business units:
Client Technology (CT) - focuses on developing new technology services for our clients. It enables EY to identify new technology-based opportunities faster and pursue those opportunities more rapidly.
Enterprise Technology (ET) - ET supports our Core Business Services functions and will deliver fit-for-purpose technology infrastructure at the most affordable possible cost for quality services. ET will also support our internal technology needs by focusing on a better user experience.
Information Security (Info Sec) - Info Sec prevents, detects, responds and mitigates cyber-risk, protecting EY and client data, and our information management systems.
- Leads and manages resources on major development initiatives or large, complex testing projects, ensuring test projects are delivered to schedule, budget and scope and are aligned to functional / non-functional requirements
- Measures and assesses the portfolio's success against test plans and leads the development of processes and approaches to ensure quality standards of products and services, ensuring testing procedures are in compliance with any required industry specific standards
- Develops long-term, strategic partnerships with senior business stakeholders and vendors, influencing, persuading and negotiating with them to achieve business and customer objectives
- Accountable for driving innovation and continuous improvement in testing, keeping abreast of industry best practice.
- Drives the continuous improvement of the testing effort / function, as well providing insights on quality issues on the wider delivery.
Your key responsibilities
- Leads the development and delivery of multiple complex test plans to ensure product quality, acting as a specialist on complex technical and business matters
- Leads the design, development and support of test cases for functional and non-functional domains, assigning testing skills to initiatives to ensure all issues are resolved and changing customer requirements are met
- Identifies problems in testing and develops and implements improvements to processes, reviewing and interpreting recommendations from others, responding to trends analysis by directing solutions
- Uses testing insights to recommend improvements to the wider delivery
- Monitors SLA and delivery compliance and provides support into ongoing contract management and review
- Leads the evaluation, recommendation, and implementation of testing procedures and strategies for products, systems, components or modifications, ensuring alignment to functional / non-functional requirements
- Identifies product quality risks based on high level solution architecture
- Builds long-term relationships with internal and external business and client leaders and provides direction to the team during the delivery of all functional testing
Skills and attributes for success
- Highly advanced understanding of testing life cycle and agile frameworks
- Highly advanced understanding of the IT life cycle (pipeline, resource, demand, project delivery, financial)
- Highly advanced knowledge of Quality Management techniques
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Extensive relevant experience in either an internal or external test engineering role, or similar, with highly advanced technical knowledge in assigned specialism
- Extensive experience in customer facing roles
- Considerable experience working virtually in a globally dispersed team
- Considerable project management and stakeholder management experience in an engineering / test environment
- Education: Computer Science, Engineering, IT, Mathematics
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to be an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.