Less than 5 years
Posted 233 days ago
We are looking for a Software Test Engineer to perform quality assurance testing on our web-based products. You will work in our Scrum environment with automated testing using Selenium.The Role We are looking for a Software Test Engineer to perform quality assurance testing on our web-based products. You will work in our Scrum environment with automated testing using Selenium.
• Review requirements, specifications, and other product documentation to assure quality of the products and tests to be developed;
• Interact with product management and development teams to develop a strong understanding of the application and testing objectives
• Understanding the requirements and prepare test cases for different testing phases
• Be skilled in writing SQL queries, PLSQL working with data sets and data driven testing
• Prepare test environment, test data as per requirement
• Develop and implement automation test scripts using Selenium.
• Must be able to take ownership
• The engineer will work with management, developers, and quality assurance personnel, to meet these goals.
• Work with the Scrum team to create, execute and maintain test suite
• Research and document bug reports following agreed-upon processes immediately upon discovery of a quality problem.
• Update test execution status following agreed-upon processes as part of regularly-scheduled test status updates.
• Trace test cases and results back to specific quality risks.
• Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
• Assist the Test Manager in the creation of test project status reports and metrics.
• Provide the Test Manager with accurate and precise estimates for assigned task duration, along with confidence levels and foreseeable dependencies
• BE, BTech or MCA with 2-4 years of experience in Automation
• Sound knowledge in SQL & PLSQL
• Experience in automation using Selenium with Java will be an added advantage
• Must have minimum 2-4 years’ experience in database testing
• Must possess excellent hands on Testing skills with test analysis, test design, test data creation and management, test execution, debugging and troubleshooting.
• Proven ability to deliver quality results in a busy and dynamic business focused environment.
• Very good communication and interpersonal skill