Performs complex functional, operational and environmental tests to evaluate performance of military electronic components, assemblies, chassis and systems in accordance with engineering and customer requirements. This position typically works under general supervision and direction.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads and interprets schematics, logic diagrams and test procedures.
- Coordinates test failure reporting and corrective actions with Quality Assurance, Reliability Engineering and immediate supervision.
- Interfaces with engineering personnel to resolve design and test procedure change issues.
- Develops and corrects test procedures related to engineering requirements and drawings.
- Maintains an electronic database related to testing.
- Assists and trains lower level technicians.
- Diagnoses, locates and troubleshoots malfunctions and repairs on prototype and production equipment.
- Evaluates and analyzes test data and troubleshoots down to the component level.
- Works directly with engineers in support of a growing cross functional, multi-disciplined engineering group, working with complex systems at the unit and system level.
- Performs testing and troubleshooting in lab and field environments following test documentation and engineering instructions.
- Revises assembly instructions, test instructions and other documentation using MS Office and MS Visio.
- Works with Engineering, Quality Control, vendors and customers regarding testing and performance issues.
- Designs, manufactures, tests, documents specialized test jigs and test circuits for use in production and engineering test.
- Creates test set-ups and runs system-testing, sub-assembly testing and board level troubleshooting while at temperature.
- Assists Engineering in design, assembly, test and development of prototype electronic assemblies.
- Prepares and revises test procedures or specifications.
- Reports status of ongoing test activities to immediate supervisor.
- Calibrates or repairs failed test equipment.
- Assembles and disassembles test systems or deliverable equipment using basic hand tools.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Two year degree in electronics or equivalent military/civilian classes, plus a minimum of eight years of related experience. Requires thorough familiarity with test equipment. Must understand the operation of and have experience setting up and using multi-meters, oscilloscopes, signal sources, spectrum and network analyzers and other types of test equipment.
Must have a good working knowledge of RF, analog and microwave circuits. Must be familiar with ISO 9001 and 9002. Good written and oral communication skills. Ability to follow written and verbal directions prioritize work, complete multiple tasks, work under deadlines, concentrate and apply craft skills.