Through its people and brands, CNH Industrial delivers power, technology and innovation to farmers, builders and drivers all around the world. Each of its brands, including Case IH, New Holland Agriculture, Case and New Holland Construction, FPT Industrial, Capital, and Aftermarket Solutions, is a major international force in its specific sector.
The Test System Design Engineer is responsible for designing test system which provides vehicle simulation to verify embedded software in electronic controllers, electronic instrument clusters, displays, and other devices in commercial vehicle, off-highway, agricultural and construction equipment. This individual will report into a CNHi North America Design Verification team with overall software verification responsibility.
- Designs, develops, and maintains the automated (Hardware-In-the-Loop) test system for agricultural and construction equipment.
- Interfaces electronic component team to gather hardware specifications of electronic controllers, electronic instrument clusters, displays, and other devices on agricultural and construction equipment.
- Interfaces software/system teams to gather software/system requirements of electronic controllers, electronic instrument clusters, displays, and other devices.
- Performs software verifications of each software release of electronic controllers, electronic instrument clusters and displays.
- Reviews and approves supplier’s test case development plan, verification plans, test reports, and failure analysis reports of the automated (Hardware-In-the-Loop) test system in development.
- Manages the software verification schedules and test system development schedules of multiple test systems.
- Analyzes and evaluates software/system issues to provide technical analysis report.
- Establishes new test case development procedures for process / efficiency improvement.
Other Related Responsibilities include:
- Supports application and system engineering teams with preparation of reports
- Responsible in the facilitation of communication between engineering and other functional areas within multi-disciplinary product development team environments
- Support Design Of Experiments and Design Verification testing
- Responsible for the technical liaison with suppliers
- Responsible for internal customer satisfaction, documenting processes and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years of combined experience with the following:
- Test system design and development using dSPACE tools (ControlDesk, AutomationDesk, Real Time Test Manager, SYNECT, dSPACE Hardwares)
- Testing, Design verification or Development with MATLAB/Simulink,
- Electronic controller system and hardware design.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with CAN/LIN/UDS communication protocols and CAN databases.
- OEM experience or Tier 1 experience preferred but not required.
- Communication skills in foreign languages preferred but not required.
- Experience with Android OS, Android SDK, Android Debug Bridge, and/or the Android Emulator
- Basic knowledge of principles and practices of embedded software verification for automotive, commercial vehicle, off-highway, agricultural, construction and healthcare equipment.
- Software development experience with C, C++, Java, or assembly-level code, real time signal processing and I/O control.
- Development experience in HMI including Java, Android, Objective C, Swift or C++.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to engage and correspond with global network of teams, colleagues and interfaces in which English may be a second language.
- Ability to delegate activities, work, and requests to other work colleagues within and external to functional and reporting group.
- Ability to handle multiple complex tasks in parallel.
- Self-motivated and strong commitment in daily activities.