The Test Practice Leader will guide a team of SDETs and functional testers in all phases of the software development lifecycle across multiple projects, technologies, and external vendors to prepare and execute test plans designed to ensure project requirements are efficiently met while mitigating business risk. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, operating at the tactical level, while solving difficult problems ? this role is for you. You will mentor software development teams and provide direction across multiple portfolios on the development and implementation of testing, test automation processes, methods and tools.
- Initiates and fosters team wide activities in learning and adopting new and relevant state of the art technologies for software testing, and test tools.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and project team to identify needs and gather requirements
- Support the team in the design of user stories and acceptance criteria
- Advocate and evangelize best practices such as pair programming, Test Driven Development (TDD), behavioral-driven development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Advocate automation of every part of the software delivery lifecycle
- Assist scrum team with sprint planning, test design, test execution, defect analysis/root cause investigation & reporting on test status
- Identify defects and missing information in requirements
- Implement and continually improve an automated testing framework at all levels of the application stack
- Design and implement automated test cases
- Contribute to the creation of a regression test plan specific to the project.
- Perform manual testing as required
- Technical expertise in implementing industry standard testing methodology and tools
- Experience implementing testing best practices specific to the test planning and execution processes and gaining buy-in for changes from executives
- Experience building a Testing Center of excellence
- A deep understanding of test planning and delivery challenges cycle.
- Extensive experienceworking with end-to-end testing processes and methodologies/frameworks
- Experience implementing complex test automation using Agile automation techniques and tools
- Ability to articulate the role of testing in an overall QA function and to influence a team of testers and developers towards a culture of ?fail early? and ?building quality in?
- Exposure to Agile (Scrum) methodology
- Exposure to development environments using Continuous Integration (CI)
- Experienceworking with Selenium grid and implementing parallel test execution
- Exposure to Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience analyzing business requirements, functional specifications and with collaborative specification
- Experience of Agile workload planning and management (Stories, Tasks, etc)
- Preparation of defect reports and defect metrics, preferably automated
- Defect Analysis and management experience
- 4+ years of experience in test automation including developing test automation strategies and leading automation testing efforts
- Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or equivalent
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc
- Experience of working on business-critical applications and large scale customer facing websites
- Experience in the financial market is an advantage
- Insurance experience is desirable although not essential
- Model-based testing background, and experience building test best practice organizations (e.g.; ISTQB)
- People supervision and performance reviews, evaluating training and development needs, minimizing budget expenditure on tests, build testing strategies,
- Meeting project deadlines, coordinating people and teams, multitasking, leadership, negotiating, written and verbal communication, achieving set objectives, working in a diverse/global environment and managing offshore/onshore/FTE/contractor mix, listening skills