040418-Test Mfg Engr
CPI Malibu, a division of Communications & Power Industries (CPI), is an advanced antenna solutions provider for critical defense, aerospace and communications applications worldwide. CPI Malibu is a recognized leader in the Data Link and communications industry, and has built an excellent reputation, both domestically and internationally. We have unique capabilities and experience in design, analysis, and manufacture of telemetry, communications, electronic warfare, and radar antenna systems. Worldwide installation, logistics, and repair support are performed by our in-house service organization with assistance from local CPI offices.
CPI Malibu takes an analytical approach to design and manufacture through the use of CAD, CAE, large-scale graphics and computer-controlled machining. Two anechoic chambers (including a compact range) and a well-equipped, small volume production machine shop support our capabilities and enable CPI Malibu to react quickly to customer’s requests. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our team.
We are currently seeking an experienced Test/Manufacturing Engineer, with strong technicial writing skills, to plan, develop, and enhance manufacturing medthods. Write and update material for reports, manuals, breifs, proposals, and realted techncial material. Competence in Electrical, Mechanical and RF testing and manufacturing is required.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Define, document, analyze and perform testing of antenna systems and ensure the product can be tested thoroughly
• Develop and maintain Manufacturing Engineering Instructions (MEI’s), and Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP’s). Maintain MEI spreadsheet.
• Collaborate with engineers, production supervisors, for product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods and testing. (constant improvement)
• Estimate production times, staffing requirements and related cost to provide information for proposals, bids for executive management decisions.
• Review drawings for geometrical tolerancing, manufacturability and accuracy.
• Assist in developing standard routers with appropriate steps and inspection points.
• Train personnel on MEI’s and maintain training matrix. Work closely with area supervisors to ensure personnel are trained before allowed to work.
• Disposition and process squawks into the database. Analyze the problem and implement corrective action or design improvement change.
• Design, develop and maintain STE (Special Test Equipment) and test procedures as needed.
• Participate in MRB (Material Review Board) and make recommendations for process improvement
• Make product improvement suggestions to management to improve the quality and capabilities of existing products. Be proactive in preventing problems before they start.
Work with stock room personnel to ensure proper packaging and handling of assembly parts.
• Own the process by demonstrating follow through for assigned task completion with little or no supervision.
Federal law requires CPI Malibu Division to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. CPI Malibu Division uses eVerify and does provides Social Security Administration and/or Department of Homeland Security employee’s I-9 Form to confirm work authorization.
This position requires potential access to technology controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). The successful candidate must be a “U.S. Person” as defined under ITAR and EAR. In order to be a U.S. Person for ITAR and EAR purposes, you must (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum.
CPI Malibu Division is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, national origin, (Including possessing a driver’s license issued under Vehicle Code § 12801.9), ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, genetic characteristics, gender information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CPI, Malibu is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Requirements The ideal candidate will possess
• Minimum 5 years related experience and a BSIE or BSME, or equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
• Must have technical writing background
• Must have the ability to read and interpret blue prints, schematics, drawing and mark-ups.
• Must know Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Excellent communication skills a must: written and verbal