Our award winning utilities Team is delivering on one of the largest Business transformation projects in the Utilities Industry
We are seeking a hands on Test Manager to lead the Test delivery on this project
In this role you will be responsible for Test Planning, Test case construction and test execution.
As a result of a merger our client is the second largest utilities service provider in all of north America- providing services to 1 million customers, from Hamilton to north of Toronto.
The most important project identified during their merger was to create one platform, for customer care and billing .
The location: Vaughn , Ontario.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Work closely with Dev teams to ensure that code will be delivered to QA for testing for the items and per the timeline that QA needs
- Provide weekly status report to Program Manager ensure a full transparency of the QA status, risk, issue, progress, etc.
- Lead and execute QA activities including test reporting, defect triage, test execution
- Work with various upstream and downstream systems, and their stakeholders, to define testing approach, test strategy, test scenarios and execution procedures, in line with existing standards
- Produce thorough and accurate test cases including functional, end-to-end, and regression tests that address all of the specifications, all within project timeline and prevailing standards and practices; and utilize and manage underlying test delivery tools (templates, HP ALM, Confluence)
- Ensure test coverage across a broad range of environments, testing all elements of the release process
- Drive Test coordination meetings, status review meetings, defect triage meetings
- Responsible for test progress and status reporting
- Analyzing Business Requirements in order to create Test Plan, Schedule, Scope, Resource requirement, Test cases and Traceability matrix
- Act as single point of contact for project, escalate any issues in timely manner
- Understand and apply quality processes and practises including SDLC, defect life cycle, formal testing methodologies
- Follow Client’s Enterprise Testing Guidelines for testing, using HP ALM for Test Management
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Minimum 5+ yrs managing test automation projects within a global delivery model; utilizing onshore and offshore resources
Minimum 4+ yrs working with HP ALM and/or Quality Center
Minimum 4+ yrs advanced experience with HP Quick Test Professional
Nice to have
Position ID: J0318-1259