As a member of the Testing Infrastructure and Architecture team, you will collaborate with an internal community of developers who interact with our highly automated build and test infrastructure. The position focuses on evolving the tooling and processes that surround test failure investigations as well as deciphering challenging systemic failure syndromes to benefit the entire development organization. This particular role is for those who are naturally curious about the foundational layers of software system infrastructures. You will have opportunities to use test-driven development and xUnit testing patterns within a continuous integration environment.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop, deploy, and continuously improve processes surrounding the investigation of test failures.
- Design and develop infrastructure to automate processes that assist with reproducing and investigating intermittently failing tests.
- Develop tooling that automates failure reproduction and failure investigation
- Automate the detection of common syndromes and correlate them to prevent duplicate failure investigations.
- Create infrastructure and test harness diagnostics and make them accessible to failure investigators.
- Create tooling to collect appropriate debug artifacts upon software crashes and hangs.
- Consult with the development community on investigation and diagnostic strategies.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Experience with a complex automated build or continuous integration environment
- Hands-on experience with scriptinglanguages such as Ruby, Python, or Perl
- Superior analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and root cause analysis
- Strong ability to deal with uncertainty and change while working independently
- Knowledge of object-oriented design
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility and collaborate effectively across teams and roles