You will work with a team of Engineers passionate about developing and evolving automated, non-functional test frameworks for MATLAB, the world's best-in-class scientific computing language! A passion for test focused software development practices and an appetite for software architecture and craftsmanship are ideal for this position. Come help provide tools and knowledge that promotes development of software that is testable, modular, and fast!
In this position, you will work with the test frameworks team to help improve automated, non-functional testing workflows in MATLAB. Responsibilities will include:
- Design and development of next generation tools and interfaces for measuring MATLAB code (e.g., benchmarking frameworks, scalability analysis, memory testing frameworks)
- Design and development of data analysis, data visualization, and data persistence features
- Identification and implementation of changes to the product under test for growing testability
- Researching and introducing new tools, contributing to the long-term automated testing vision and strategy of the company
You will help other Developers and Quality Engineers across all product areas on automated testing-related issues.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with Software Engineering or Test Engineering
- Experience using or developing one or more xUnit frameworks such as JUnit, NUnit, python's unittest module, GoogleTest, QUnit, or RSpec
- Proven expertise with object oriented software design
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience using or developing one or more performance testing framework such as JUnitPerf, JMeter, NTime, timeit, Google Benchmark, or readygo
- Experience using profiling tools such as VTune, xperf, Instruments, or the MATLAB profiler