The Boeing Test & Evaluation (BT&E) Organization has exciting Flight Test Value Stream (FTVS) Lead opportunities on the F/A-18 program for experienced Test & Evaluation engineers. The successful candidates will lead flight test program planning on important development programs for the USN and International customers (F/A-18 Block III, Kuwait, Canada, etc.). This is an opportunity to work intimately close to the some of the most effective, combat proven, and highly capable aircraft in the US government inventory.
Responsibilities include all aspects of executing a flight test program such as:
- Leading a team of test conductors and flight test engineers in planning and execution.
- Defining verification requirements.
- Developing program schedules.
- Coordinating data and test aircraft instrumentation requirements.
- Coordinating test program assets requirements.
- Coordinating staffing, remote site requirements.
- Coordinating detailed test planning.
- Leading Test Program Working Groups and other program reviews.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- More than 3 years of flight test and evaluationexperience.
- More than 3 years of experience in test planning, setup, execution and reporting
- More than 3 years of experience supporting a military flight test program.
- Flight Sciences and Mission Systems test experience.
- Experience performing operational or developmental flight testing in the F-18E/F/G.
- Excellent leadership, team building, analytical, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills with a commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Program management skills (requirements definition, schedule development, risk/opportunity assessment, progress tracking and reporting, cost tracking).
- Ability to coordinate requirements with various technical disciplines.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Job ID 1700014315