Test & Evaluation Engineer ( Hardware / surveillance technologies )
Less than 5 years experience •
CSRA provides technical support services to the Office of Acquisition (OA) of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), the nation’s largest law enforcement agency. Experienced CSRA personnel enhance CBP’s proficiencies in Systems Engineering, Logistics & Sustainment, and Capabilities and Requirements Development to provide CBP’s agents along our borders with the most capable systems which can affordably be procured. The team provides engineering and analytical expertise across a wide range of disciplines, meeting all DHS Systems Engineering Life Cycle mandated planning analysis and documentation; provide a full spectrum of Integrated Logistics Support; development of Operational Requirements; and conduct Operational Test & Evaluation activities. We help CBP procure the equipment and technology needed to keep the border safe and secure.
Currently, we are seeking a Test & Evaluation Engineer in Crystal City, VA. The selected candidate must currently hold or be able to obtain a CBP Background Investigation Suitability clearance, per contract requirements.
So what is required of a Test & Evaluation Engineer on a day to day basis?
There are quite a myriad of tasks and responsibilities, such as:
- Assist with planning functional test & evaluation events, including test parameters, cases, methodology, and criteria
- Assist with test scenario preparations for demonstrating operational usage for surveillance technologies
- Observe and record results of in-field testing
- Analyze results of testing using statistical methods
- Develop test reports and briefings to communicate results
- Review functional requirements to ensure they are objective and verifiable
- Participates in testing, troubleshooting and analysis on the development of systems.
- Provides support in the development, implementation and maintenance of test processes and diagnostic programs.
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
- Must be a US citizen
- DHS Customs and Border Protection (CBP) suitability clearance (or ability to obtain)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Sciences, Math, or related field and 2-5+ Years of experience of test planning, execution, and reporting, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in the full breadth of acquisition, particularly programing, planning, acquisition, requirements or test
- Strong capability in Microsoft Excel Experience in industry or federal projects
- Ability to travel to remote CONUS areas
- Excellent technical writing skills
It would be great if you also had: Experience with surveillance technologies
- DoD Secret clearance
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong oral and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
As the largest pure-play IT services provider serving the U.S. government sector, CSRA is where you can come to be successful. Join a collaborative team, solving customer issues and accessing an array of resources for your success. Take advantage of tremendous opportunities as you help us chart our path to industry leadership, and tap into our collective 90+ year heritage. With combined FY15 revenues of approximately $5.5 billion and nearly 19,000 employees, CSRA represents the coming together – figuratively and literally – of two outstanding companies: the North American Public Sector business of CSC and SRA. Join us and watch your career take flight.