The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking an experienced Test & Evaluation Engineer to join our Missiles & Weapon Systems Engineering program. This Level 4 position is located at the Boeing Guidance Repair Center (BGRC) located in Heath, OH.
As a Test & Evaluation Engineer, you will be part of the Metrology team. You will have an opportunity to support the development and verification of test methods with Mechanical & Electrical measurements. This role requires a passion for finding innovative, end-to-end engineering solutions to complex business problems in the metrology field.
Your duties as an engineer will include (but are not limited to):
- Supports the development and verification of test methods with Mechanical measurements
- Develops detailed test procedures, and instrumentation and configuration definition, needed to perform the test and minimize risk within the constraints of the test plan
- Develops solutions to mechanical calibration systems problems of limited scope and impact
- Designs test hardware, software and systems to achieve test requirements
- Uses analytical tools to verify the design
- Analyzes, processes, and formats data to customer requirements
- Reviews test data, including off-nominal data, for accuracy, quality and/or fidelity prior to delivery to customer
- Prepares and publishes test reports to document test results and satisfy requirements
- Presents test results internally
- Archives data and reports
- Trains others
- Works under minimal direction
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Missiles and Weapon Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience):
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
- Experience conducting verification, test, and/or data analysis
- Experience using uncertainty analysis or statistics to determine measurement uncertainties or product specifications
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience):
- 10+ years experience in Metrology
- Familiar with the USAF instructions for PMEL/Calibration
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.