Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26, 2021. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
This position is responsible for creating test automation frameworks and driving a culture of quality across our diverse engineering teams. Experience testing web technologies, API’s, backend databases, mobile apps, as well as various automation toolsets is essential.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Leads a team of existing and future Test Engineers across all ecosystems for Dollar General, including Store, Enterprise, Supply Chain and Digital
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities with the product management and development teams
- Improve manual tests, automated tests, frameworks and tools to meet best practices and standards
- Design, create and maintain reusable and representative test data to support test designs
- Build and maintain working relationships with application development, security and technology engineering teams in order to understand the scope, timeline and resources required to ensure success of engineering projects and programs
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Must be a self-starter, adapt easily to change and have a collaborative personality.
- Demonstrates personal ownership of tasks and ability to follow through to get required results in established timeframe.
- Understanding of the applications development process and life cycle.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to troubleshoot complex problems.
- Ability to design effective systems based on user requirements.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- 7-10 years of experience leading software testing organizations (or engineering organizations with significant testing resources)
- 7+ years of experience with test management and test automation tools
- Experience leading test engineering that involve several teams following scaled agile (SAFe), Scrum, and phase-gate processes
- Demonstrates leadership skills: mission, intellectual maturity, emotional stability, consultative supervision, and record of attainment through others