Direct the Test & Development Engineering team in achieving the goals set by the HEC Management staff in the most efficient and cost effective manner. Procure, design, develop, modify, repair, and maintain the overall efficiency of product test equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assign duties and priorities to department personnel.
- Maintain records of work performed.
- Assure quality of design and functionality of test equipment.
- Liaison for testing issues between HKG, HEC - Plymouth and HEC - Flora.
- Customer liaison as required on testing issues.
- Oversee departmental budget.
- Review project status with Test Engineers regularly.
- Assign duties and priorities to department personnel and coordinate efforts.
- Respond to customer issues relating to testing.
- Consult and correspond with Quality Lab personnel on the status of test equipment and problems with test equipment operation to ensure all testing equipment remains operational and testing completion dates are maintained.
- Oversee the design and modification of product testing software.
- Plan the design of new projects and test layouts.
- Research new test equipment and software needs for product testing and project planning.
- Order and track new equipment and software to ensure project advancement and completion is timely.
- Order and track test equipment components and materials to ensure project advancement and completion is timely.
- Review product dockets for cost, feasability, and capability of product testing on new and modified products.
- Make recommendations on specification changes for product testing.
- Review new and modified customer specifications for correctness and impact on product performance and testing impact.
- Research and assist in developing test equipment and procedures according to customer standards for production and laboratory testing.
- Assist in developing software for new and existing test equipment.
- Consult on technical problems as related to product test equipment or procedures.
- Read correspondence and follow up as needed.
- Set and monitor department goals & take required action.
- Evaluate employees.
- Must complete the required training for the position
- Strive for continuous improvement in performing job duties and responsibilities.
- Engineering degree and 5 years experience in a supervisory position or 15 years experience in related field and 5 years experience in a supervisory position.
- Experience with the design, build, programming and operation of production test equipment.
- Experience in managing people to achieve specific goals.
- High level of accuracy.
- Must be conscientious and maintain confidentiality in daily operations.
- Conduct daily duties in a professional appearance and manner.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.