As a Test Engineer you will:
- Experience testing models of various technologies in a virtual environment (e.g. radar, camera, lidar, etc.)
- Measures of Effectiveness (MOEs) and Measures of Suitability (MOSs) capable of assessing the suitability and operational effectiveness of the acquired technology and systems.
- Experience in performing independent testing of the system for each release consistent with IEEE Standard 1012, IEEE Standard 829-1998, and the DHS SELC.
- Experience developing test scenarios, evaluating effective test approaches for verifying software against program objectives.
- Experience reviewing and evaluating test documents (test and evaluation master plan (TEMP), test plans, test cases, test procedures, test scripts, test data, etc.).
- Experience verifying the criteria for Stage 3 (System Design), Stage 4 (Construction), Stage 5 (Acceptance and Readiness, and Stage 6 (Operations) are achieved.
- Experience verifying traceability between the system Concept of Operations (CONOPS), applicable requirements and the IV&V test documents.
- Experience conducting Test Readiness Reviews, evaluating Test Problem Reports (TPRS) and documenting test observations.
A week in the life of a Test Engineer:
- Work to support the customer to review design requirements, mission capabilities, performance of radar and surveillance technologies.
- Work with a team of driven, supportive and highly skilled professionals.
- Receive a robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Enjoy flexibility managing your work hours and personal needs with a single accrual leave plan.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4-7 years of experience in engineering field.
- Bachelors degree in STEM field, Masters degree preferred.
- DHS suitability clearance.
- Previous experience with Department of Homeland Security.
- Previous experience in Systems Engineering, Test and Evaluation.
- Understanding of Systems acquisition lifecycle.
- Familiarity with IEEE standard 1012, IEEE Standard 829-1998, and the DHS SELC.
- Excellent writing, communications and briefing skills.
- Quality or T&E Certification is desired.