This position will be responsible for the development, execution and maintenance of software test plans, test cases and test status reporting. This position will be conducting software testing activities on a Scrum team, and must be highly collaborative, demonstrate technical competence, and personal productivity including the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Duties and responsibilities
- Test web based software, web services and mobile applications
- Designs and reviews test plans and test cases
- Execute and maintain test plans and test cases to verify the design meets the specified requirements
- Identify and communicate risk throughout the software development lifecycle and works cross-functionally to mitigate risk
- Identify and point out ambiguities in requirements
- Provide estimates on the test effort for work items
- Participate in program, design and document reviews
- Adheres to department software release schedules.
- Complies with regulatory guidelines and maintain associated documentation
- Ensures and documents traceability from requirements to tests
• Monitor test automation results for assigned application
- Development and maintenance of automated test scripts
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
- B.S. Computer Science or other related technical discipline.
- Equivalent experience considered in lieu of a technical degree
- 4 – 7 years of experience testing software including testing of web based applications and services
- Strong engineering competence, including the ability to learn new technical concepts quickly
- Able to write basic SQL queries
- Experience with automated testing tools such as Selenium, SpecFlow, Cucumber
- Experience testing web services using tools such as Postman, SoapUI, Swagger
- Experience with software development build and deployment tools such as TFS, GitLab, Octopus, Jenkins, Bamboo etc.