5 - 7 years experience •
The Bureau of Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is the frontline border security component of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) charged with the priority mission of preventing terrorists and terrorist weapons from entering the United States while also facilitating the flow of legitimate trade and travel. CBP’s mission is vitally important to the protection of the American people and the national economy.
Within CBP, CSRA works with the Office of Finance (OF) to manage and maintain the financial processes. Those processes include budgeting, accounting, procurement, and asset/property (real and personal) that enable CBP to accomplish its mission. In support of these business processes, CSRA supports the planning, design, configuration/development, testing, implementation, end user training and support, integration and interface development, and program management of CBP’s financial and associated systems.
Contract requires US Citizenship and must be able to obtain a public trust.
Principle duties and essential functions:
- Provide quality testing support in accordance with the relevant regulations, government policies/procedures and client policies/procedures.
- Coordinate with test sites and other team participants to plan test events.
- Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Map test cases to Requirements Traceability matrix and ensure test case validation points confirm the business requirements
- Create test plans and test scripts from project requirements.
- Develop test plans, reports and log bugs in defect management software. E.g JIRA
- Experience developing and utilizing standardized test procedures.
- Execute testing as needed
- Coordinates multiple test stakeholders across the organization including business, IT, Office of Trade, Office of Field Operations, and Land Systems Operational Test Authority (LSOTA)
- 5+ years of experience with functional testing
- 2+ years of experience with creating test scripts, test plans, and procedures
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle. Well versed in SDLC including Waterfall and Agile development methodologies
- Ability to write and maintain technical documents
- Ability to obtain a security clearance. U.S. citizenship may be required
- Experience with CBP\DHS (preferred).
- BA or BS degree required- Strong documentation and communication skills
Secondary skills (nice to have)
- Experience with COTS and / or ERP solutions
- Strong analytical skills; ability to effectively analyze & resolve issues
Required certifications: Bachelor’s degree