UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
• Accountable for Control Box functional testing to ensure that products are properly tested and defect free.
• Design, assemble and de-bug custom test fixtures and automated test systems for small, medium and large rooftop HVAC controls and portable refrigeration units.
• Create software to control test systems used to perform functional test on control boxes.
• Interface with Design Teams to drive changes for quality, manufacturability and testability improvements.
• Analyzing production test data and making improvements to test coverage, first pass yields and test times.
• Travel to factories and work any issues related to control box testing.
• Fully developed professional able to work without direct guidance or direction from others.
- 4-7 year’s related experiencerequired
- Experienced in reading and interpreting electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
- Strong verbal and written Communications skills
- Strong Microsoft office suite tools
- Skilled programmer using common software packages such as Visual Basic 6.0 or Visual Basic.Net
- Strong problem solving skills
- Intimate with computers and software, microprocessors, common serial and parallel communications skills, signal conditioning circuitry, cables and connectors, AC and DC power supplies
- Must be a self directed individual
- Familiar with common hand and power tools, soldering and soldering processes, common electrical diagnostic tools and equipment
- Experience with troubleshootingelectrical problems to root cause
- Must be willing to travel 30% of time
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or Electrical Engineering required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 69548BR