Under limited supervision, the Senior Test Engineer designs and develops complex engineering standards and tests to evaluate the function of products and systems. Develops and implements procedures for product testing, reviews and evaluates test results, and recommends production or design changes to ensure quality and performance standards.
- Performs professional test and evaluation review and analysis of requirements documentation for the purpose of developing evaluation methods critical in creating an overall operational test and evaluation strategy integrated with other developmental or integrated testing.
- Defines, documents, analyzes, performs, and interprets complex tests for new and/or modified products or product components.
- Assists the test director in researching and identifying test resources necessary to complete operational testing.
- Provides comprehensive test report technical input based on the statistical analysis of test data, questionnaires, and data reduction while also assisting in the administrative completion of reports.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and implements complex engineering projects. Ensures the technical accuracy of the results obtained.
- Performs complex analysis and trouble-shooting.
- Evaluates progress and results of project and recommends new methods to improve project design, procedures and performance.
- Acts as liaison with other departments, divisions, and organizations.
- Develops and maintains frequent contacts with customers including those at levels above the project monitor.
- Prepares and assists others in the development of status reports, letters, technical memoranda, contact reports, technical analyses or other outputs needed.
- Prepares and provides formal briefings to staff and customers and participates in technical discussions at project review sessions and in negotiations with the customer.
- Provides guidance to less experienced Test Engineers.
- Identifies opportunities for new program initiatives and follow-on tasking for current projects and participates in proposal efforts.
Education and Experience
- Must have active Secret clearance.
- Bachelors degree (engineering or a related scientific discipline preferred) plus at least 5 years of directly related experience or a Masters degree and 3 years of experience.
- In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 10 years applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology or labor market shortages as reflected by market survey data.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with the application of the science of statistics, statistical theory, techniques and methods encompassing such areas as sampling, measures of dispersion and central tendency, categorical data analysis and non-parametric methods, design of experiments, and the ability to analyze and interpret statistical data for test events.
- Military operational experience in leadership roles.
- Operational Testing experience at Commander, Operational Test and Evaluation Force (COMOPTEVFOR) a MAJOR plus.
- Experience in Surface Warfare area tosupport test and evaluationassigned projects. Specific projects include, but are not limited to:
- Frigate (FFG (X))
- Mobile Landing Platform (MLP/ESB/ESD)
- Destroyer DDG-1000
- Surface to Surface and Surface to Air Missile Systems
- Amphibious Assault Ship (LHA (R))
- Amphibious Command Ship (LX (R))
- Fleet Replenishment Oiler (TAO (X))
- Ship to Shore Connector (SSC)
- Landing Craft (LCU, LCAC)
- USCG Cutters, Aircraft, and C4ISR Systems
- Demonstrate experience with Developmental Testing (DT), Integrated Testing (IT), Operational Testing and Evaluation (OT&E), and/or Follow-on Test and Evaluation (FOT&E). Experienced in designing tests and experiments, determining measures of effectiveness, applying risk analysis, analyzing and interpreting empirical data, and obtaining objective data for acquisition decisions, evaluations, and system comparisons.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office suite programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
U.S. Citizenship Required.