Industry: Aerospace & Defense•
Not Specified years
Posted 30 days ago
Details: A Test Engineer job in Middletown, CT is now accepting applications. This is a permanent / direct benefited position with our key aerospace client. To be considered, you will have a Bachelor’s degree in engineering required (Master’s preferred). In this role you will be responsible for the development of manual and automated testing systems which include electrical design, automation software development, troubleshooting and maintaining all aspects including documentation.
• System design with the abilities to plan, specify and carry out development of a new test systems from quote through acceptance. Responsible for cost, schedules and technical performance of assigned projects.
• Circuit design: using sound theoretical and analytics using circuit simulators (such as PSPICE or equivalent electronic analysis tools), schematic capture and circuit board layout using an integrated design tool such as Altima or ORCAD.
• Through the extensive use of LabVIEW software development, maintain software using techniques of source control. The abilities to comment code for maintainability as well as provide theory of operations when applicable is required.
• Analyze problems using tools such as design of experiments (DOE), root cause analysis and corrective actions (RCCA) while capturing best practices and lessons learned.
• Conduct design reviews for hardware and software as well as documentation packages consisting of schematics, production procedures and calibration procedures. Establish and maintain effective communications with internal/external customers to facilitate problem identification/resolution.
• Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, on design and/or test system repair concepts through a diverse subject matter as well as with company employees and customers.
• The ability to apply sound engineering practices and mathematics to solve problems not limited to electrically, software and mechanically systems.
• Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance
Test Engineer Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering required. Master’s preferred.
• Broad knowledge of an advanced and technically specialized field of Engineering, with concentration in at least one of the following disciplines electrical/electronics, systems, software, and computer engineering.
• Ability to implement engineering designs from concept to final hardware.
• Working knowledge of MS office suite products, including MS Project software.
• Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field. Fluent verbal/written communication skills.