ViaSat is a rapidly growing technology company that designs, deploys and operates cutting edge
SATCOM products and services that span the globe. At ViaSat you?ll work with highly-motivated
engineers in an exciting, dynamic, yet informal environment. As a test engineer on our satellite program
you will be responsible for:
- performing system level testing of a satellite payload and its subsystems
- generate test plans, test procedures, and test scripts for the operation of units, subsystems, and systems on both an engineering testbed as well as the flight spacecraft
- Ensure coverage across multiple tests appropriately covers system level verifications such as redundancy and inter-unit configurations
- On the engineering testbed, you will have the responsibility for integrating new units as they become available and confirming internal unit functionality, external inter-unit functionality, and interfaces with special test equipment
- Utilize the satellite control software to build user intuitive telemetry displays & plots, review satellite telemetry in real time or archived, and analyze the command and telemetry of the equipment to support failure investigations
- Proper execution of testing including operating and monitoring the payload requiring substantial attention to detail in all plans and actions to ensure testing is completed accurately and safely
- Review overall payload health during testing and detect potential issues with the system beyond what is pre-coded into test scripts
- Familiarity with lab equipment such as digital multi-meters, oscilloscopes, power supplies
- Have experience handling spaceflight or hi-rel hardware
- Scriptinglanguage experience such as Python, Perl, JAS, C++, or C Sharp
- Hands on test experiencewith multiple components or sub-systems
- Experienceinvestigating failures and assisting with root cause analysis
- Experience testing in a manual (human in the loop) mode as well as semi-automated (human initiated and monitored) mode
- Ability to review technical design documentations (specifications, schematics, software code, and/or FPGA code) and work withother team members in order to generate an understanding of unit operations and create test cases
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline
- US Citizen
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Familiarity testing RF units and using RF lab equipment such as spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, power meters, etc.
- Working knowledge of ground command and telemetry systems such as InControl, OS/Comet, Epoch, ITOS, etc.
ViaSat is located in the Tempe Arizona in the ASU Technology Center. Arizona is a lovely winter haven and the golfing and resort Mecca of the Southwest. With a solid work force and an ever-expanding family-based community, The Phoenix metro area has arts, entertainment, all major league sports, and a growing electronics industry that continues to flourish.
If you have the passion to push the boundaries of what?s possible and the drive to grow your career in new directions, ViaSat might be the company for you!