At Rheem, we’re dedicated to bringing comfort to people’s lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we’re innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It’s an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people’s lives—every day. The Test Engineer will be responsible for performing scientific research in the investigation and analysis of problems relating to the design, material processes and operations; assist in the design and development of prototypes, test procedures, and equipment. This position will assist with the development of designs for a secondary element, a minor functional system or component parts of a structure or device. This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in Montgomery, AL. WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Interpret 3D solid models and 2D production drawings.
- Verify laboratory equipment is current with respect to calibration.
- Assist Design Engineering with designing components of a major functional system.
- Set up products for test and perform all necessary steps to conduct prescribed and specialized tests.
- Fabricate prototype parts/assemblies to validate engineering changes.
- Investigate and troubleshoot product design related problems and opportunities, documenting findings and recommend corrective/improvement changes to Design Engineering.
- Accurately acquire, interpret, process, and format test data and results and make any computations required to complete test data within the scope of the requirements of the applicable test standard.
- Document and communicate test results and conclusions drawn and make design recommendations for changes to current products to Design Engineering.
- Develop specialized tests and written procedures to evaluate development and reliability specifications. Utilize LabVIEW or similar programming software to automate tests.
- Lead and coordinate test plan activities (agency, reliability, etc. established by Design Engineering) with lab personnel and coordinate equipment resources with lab management.
WHAT YOU NEED
- BS degree in a scientific or technical discipline with 0 - 2 years experience or two-year degree from college or technical school in HVAC or related technical field with a minimum 4 years experience as an Engineering Technician II or Model Maker.
- Knowledge in gas combustion principles
- Demonstrated ability or formal training in LabVIEW or similar programming software for test automation
- Demonstrated working knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing software (Microsoft Excel and Word) – will be tested
HOW TO STAND OUT
- BS degree in a scientific or technical discipline (ME, EE)
- Experience in working with governing certification agencies
- Accreditation for ANSI and/or UL gas related certification and demonstrated ability to complete certification submittal packages