Do you like to be challenged with testing of complex large-scale engineering systems? Are you passionate about technical excellence? ViaSat is a leader in providing practical solutions for difficult communications problems. At ViaSat you’ll work with top technical talent who are always striving to lead the market. With opportunities to work on a mixture of technologies and projects, you’ll be involved in calling the shots on your next great role.
In this exciting role you will design and create more automation into our test environment, including development of test plans and processes, with minimal guidance. You will be responsible for testing RF subsystems that make up parts of a Satellite Communication Systems. You will work closely with vendors, customers, operations, and hardware and software groups to define the tests to be done, test the RF Subsystems, resolve any issues found during testing, document and present the results. You will be responsible for some integrating of systems, identifying test requirements and developing the test plans and procedures to support verification, identifying and documenting test fixtures and adapters needed to support the test, as well as completing the resulting test report. Being able to plan and prioritize multiple test events is an important part of this position. The ability to work both independently and as part of a team will be key to your success as you work in the various test environments and with various groups both within ViaSat and external to ViaSat.
- 5years test experience with some system integration experience
- Experience creating, developing, and executing in a test environment, test plans and procedures, readiness and posttest reviews, and generating test reports
- Strong understanding of RF measurement techniques
- Experience with related software (LabVIEW, MATLAB and/or Visual Basic) and the collection, analysis, and presentation of data in understandable forms, as well as the ability to generate automatic tests and reports.
- Ability to review large amounts of raw test data to identify, isolate, troubleshoot, and correct test setup issues, and unit failures
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics, interconnect diagrams, and mechanical drawings
- Working knowledge of networking
- Bachelor’s Degree in ElectricalEngineering or a related technical discipline
- US government position. US citizenship required.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Experience using a vector network analyzer for S-parameter measurements
- Experience making radiation antenna pattern measurements
- Experience with large scale qualification testing such as MIL-STDs and DO-160, MACC, ETSI, and ITU certifications
- Experience with Microsoft Visio & Project
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance
Located in the heart of the Southeast, our Duluth, GA office offers culture, southern hospitality, and cutting edge technology. It’s just a stone’s throw from Atlanta where you can enjoy the local sports teams, theater and cultural events, but far enough away that you can savor a more rural countryside – the best of both worlds.
Ready to join ViaSat? Submitting your resume takes just a few minutes and we’ll send you an automated response to let you know it has been received. If you’re a good match we’ll do our best to follow up with you as soon as possible.