Paragon Technology Group is seeking an experienced Test Engineer to join our team in support of our federal customers mission initiatives. The successful candidate will be able to meet, or exceed, the following qualifications.
- Apply testing knowledge to advise programs on test planning, test methodologies; develop test and support documentation including Test Evaluation Master Plans (TEMP)
- Formulates and defines test cases based on system requirements and specification.
- Develops, modifies, and evaluates software test plans used to design, implement, test, and optimize software.
- Responsible for planning and executing functional and system level testing of products
- Sets up test environments, executes tests, records results and defects, and works with developers to reproduce problems and get them resolved
- Reviews test plans and test cases based off of functional, design and requirements specification
- Devises or modifies procedures to test a unit or a system as a whole.
- Perform test cases, documents the result, and tracks changes.
- Prepares detailed specifications from which program bugs will be corrected and follows up with additional tests to ensure proper functional and system behavior per spec.
- Develops test reports indicating the testing purpose, tests conducted, test constraints, test observations, test results, and release recommendations
- Maintains and drives continuous quality improvement in meeting internal and external customer requirements
- Interprets program activities and reviews program schedules to ensure the appropriate tests can be accommodated
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and at least 3 years of testing
- Knowledge of DoD Acquisition Lifecycles
- Current Security + CE certification a plus.
- Experience with automated tools and writing test scripts to support testing in agile development; agile certification(s) a plus
- Experience reviewing test plans, cases, procedures and reports for all product releases for completeness, consistency and applicability to the requirements
- Experience identifying, documenting, testing, and verifying Incident Reports (IR) and Software, Trouble Reports (STR), and provide system impact analysis.
- Experience supporting various types of testing and applying differing test techniques and methodologies
- Strong skills using MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD SECRET clearance
Paragon is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) with offices near Scott AFB, Illinois and Vienna, Virginia, providing client-centric, enterprise governance management, cybersecurity services, and comprehensive information technology services management solutions to our clients. Our tagline is “Innovation, Value, and Excellence.”
Paragon consistently delivers value-added, client-centric, enterprise governance management, cybersecurity services, and comprehensive information technology services management solutions to our clients. Our team of dedicated professionals provide superior services and support to you while fostering a climate of trust, innovation, efficiency, and customer return on investment with integrity, commitment, and excellence in all that we do. To help us carry out this mission, our people are trained professionals who boost our customers’ knowledge and innovation using technology, teamwork, and education.
We offer a comprehensive suite of benefits, which include medical, dental, and vision plans, Flexible Spending accounts, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, matching 401k, tuition reimbursement plans, and much more.
Paragon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law.