At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
As a technical, hands-on Test Engineer, your job is to participate in the manual and automation testing of various web-based projects that integrate over various systems, including: third-party financial account linking tools (think Mint and Personal Capital), call scheduling, email delivery, CRMs (Salesforce), and complex financial planning interfaces and algorithms.
You will be under the guidance of a Test Engineering Manager of a team with an already-established, mature testing process. Your role will be that of a "full-stack" Test Engineer.
Our team is seeking someone who has a strong appreciation and skill in manual / exploratory testing with the capability of writing automated and performance tests (time and training is allotted after hiring to learn our automation framework).
- Work as a one of the members of scrum team.
- Start with manual testing of story of each sprint.
- Create Test Plan or approach for each story or ticket.
- Create the test scenarios, test cases and test data for each story or ticket
- Create and execute test scripts manually first.
- Coordinate with DevOps & other teams for test environment as needed.
- Create and maintain various test metrics. (requirements vs. test cases vs. defects)
- Create and maintain various test artifacts.
Your general milestones are the following:
- Within one month:Get overview of Application, Business work flows and data flow.
- Understand test environment, various test user IDs and test data.
- Within three months:Learn Automation Framework
- Learn to kickoff existing automation regression suite
- Learn to review test results of daily automation run and report issues.
- Within three to six months:Create new Automation scripts
- Maintain existing regression suite.
- Create Automation approach for new features.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Proven results of delivering and process improvement (with references).
- Working proficiency of at least one programming language.
- Experience using Selenium.
- Can move quickly. Everyone here is incredibly kind and extremely willing to share knowledge and a helping hand, but you have to be willing to take ownership of the outlined goals and make things happen.
- Whip-smart team that is very friendly and always willing to lend a hand.
- Tons of room for career growth. Test engineering team especially is growing rapidly.
- Highly competitive salary
- Amazing Benefits